5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- In 1943 what did the Big Three decide on at Casablanca?
- In 1940, Where had the US Pacific Fleet been based and where was it moved to?
- Why did the United States use the atomic bomb in 1945?
- What country did Japan and the Soviet Union fight over in 1939? What lesson did Japan learn from this?
- What two Nordic countries fell to Hitler in 1940?
- a California to Pearl Harbor, Hawaii
- b Germany surrender unconditionally
- c Mongolia; Not to attack USSR; Army is better than Navy.
- d Denmark and Finland
- e To force surrender
5 Multiple choice questions
- Winston Churchill
- Allied forced land in Sicily; start moving up the boot. (Causes Italy to surrender)
- WWII may be worse for Germany than WWI
- Submarines (US U-boats)
- Germany and Italy
5 True/False questions
On December 7, 1941, what two targets were bombed by the Japanese? → Germany surrender unconditionally
What was the bloodiest battle ever fought in history? → Battle of Stalingrad.
What did the USSR
liberate in Poland? → Great Britain and France declare war on Germany, but nothing is done (sitzkrieg)
In 1941, what led to the internment of Japanese-American citizens and much fear in Americans? → Relations are broken off, all Japanese assets in the USA are taken, and the USA will no longer sell oil to Japan.
What happened August 1942? → Allied forced land in Sicily; start moving up the boot. (Causes Italy to surrender)