5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- greenhouse effect
- Big Bang Theory
- transverse wave
- wave height
- a the vertical distance from the crest of a wave to the trough
- b a moving wave that consists of oscillations occurring perpendicular to the direction of energy transfer.
- c the transfer of thermal energy by the circulation or movement of a liquid or gas
- d process by which atmospheric gases trap heat close to Earth's surface and prevent it from escaping into space
- e the theory that proposes that the universe originated as a single mass, which subsequently exploded
5 Multiple choice questions
- layer of electrically charged particles in the thermosphere that absorbs AM radio waves during the day and reflects them back at night
- the state of separate elements joining or coming together
- A galaxy that goes not have the a regular shape.
- a lens that is thicker in the middle than at the edges and bends light rays towards one another
- Polish astronomer who produced a workable model of the solar system with the sun in the center (1473-1543)
5 True/False questions
revolution → the spinning of an object on its axis
plasma → high temperature physical state of matter in which atoms lose their electrons
barometric pressure → Pressure caused by the weight of the atmosphere. It decreases with increasing altitude.
radiant energy → energy that travels in waves (includes solar energy, light energy)
Elliptical galaxy → Energy that is stored and held in readiness