5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- In 1941, what led to the internment of Japanese-American citizens and much fear in Americans?
- Great Britain had Libya in 1941 when German troops went to take control.
- Did the USSR surrender quickly like Hitler expected?
- What country did Japan and the Soviet Union fight over in 1939? What lesson did Japan learn from this?
- In 1941, What helped convince Japan to go to war with the US?
- a A Japanese sub surfaced off the coast of California and shelled an oil storage site.
- b Mongolia; Not to attack USSR; Army is better than Navy.
- c No
- d Relations are broken off, all Japanese assets in the USA are taken, and the USA will no longer sell oil to Japan.
- e Let them cut off Axis supplies
5 Multiple choice questions
- Operation Bagration; Tears open Eastern front and drives Nazis out of Soviet lands.
- Denmark and Finland
- American marines took the airfield on Guadalcanal which protected Australian supply line.
- Operation Barbarossa
5 True/False questions
What two other US territories did Japan capture in December in 1941? → Guam and Wake Island
What two countries fought in the Winter War in 1939? What was the result? → Great Britain, Italy, and German (Afrikacorps)
Why was the Battle of Kursk important (1943)? → Allied forced land in Sicily; start moving up the boot. (Causes Italy to surrender)
What was the name of Hitler's last attack in the west? → Battle of the Bulge; (Hitler fails)
What was Operation Husky in 1943? → An attack on Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, to destroy the US Pacific Fleet.