5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a the rate when velocity changes over time
- b Force is measured in units called Newtons (not the cookie)
- c the flow of electrically charged particles, electrons, between objects.
- d a force that pulls everything toward the center of the Earth
- e how far an object moves
5 Multiple choice questions
- a machine that consists of a few parts.
- movement of objects, people, or animals in many different directions
- When all the forces act on an object that are balanced and the object doesn't move; no net force.
- work is done in a certain time. Work divided by time = power; measured in Watts
- the relationship between mass, acceleration & force. Force = Mass X Acceler.
5 True/False questions
Joules → ends of magnets and the North Pole and South Pole: Positive & Negative poles, opposites attract (a + and - or (North & South); like poles repel (push away: South & South, North & North, 2 + or 2-)
Push/pull → will demonstrate in class
Balanced Forces → When 1 object exerts more force on another object and movement occurs. Forces may be in the same direction or opposite directions, but there is movement. There is a Net Force.
Friction → movement of objects, people, or animals in many different directions
Complex Machine → a machine that consists of a few parts.