5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- phase change
- melting point
- heat transfer
- a a change from one state (solid or liquid or gas) to another without a change in chemical composition
- b the transfer of heat through conduction, convection, or radiation
- c the transfer of heat through a fluid (liquid or gas) caused by molecular motion
- d the temperature at which a substance changes from a solid to a liquid
- e The light that you see each day is a form of electromagnetic energy
5 Multiple choice questions
- Each of these movement of energy is a form of heat
- the temperature at which a substance changes from a liquid to a gas
- A temperature scale based on absolute zero.
- the process of becoming a vapor
- the process of changing from a gaseous to a liquid or solid state
5 True/False questions
celcius → based on freezing point of water, freezing point of water is 0 degrees celcius, boiling point of water is 100 degrees celcius
sound → Is a disturbance that travels through a medium as a longitudinal waves.
absolute zero → The temperature at which no more energy can be removed from matter.
conduction → the direct transfer of heat from one substance to another substance that it is touching
potential energy → The energy of moving electric charges