5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- oral tradition
- a pass down from one generation to another by word of mouth
- b A spiritual, personal, and immortal creature, with intelligence and free will, who glorifies God without ceasing and who serves God as a messenger of his saving plan.
- c during the time of Jesus, an avid, contentious student and/or teacher of Jewish religious law
- d a name givin to two major parts of the bible
- e A pre-Christian Greek translation of the Hebrew Scriptures made by Jewish scholars, and later adopted by Greek-speaking Christians (213).
5 Multiple choice questions
- The heritage of faith contained in Sacred Scripture and Tradition, handed on in the Church from the time of the Apostles, from which the Magisterium draws all that it proposes for belief as being divinely revealed
- from the hebrew word meaning "vision" or "revelation interpreted"
- the biginning of marrage in ancient times
- method of scriptural interpretion in which the author is inspired to use figures of speech
- method of Scriptural interpretation in which the author intends precisely what he was inspired to write
5 True/False questions
immaculate conception → revelations made in the course of history which do not add to or form part of the deposit of faith, but rather may help people live out their faith more fully. Some have been recognized by the authority of the Church.
gabrial → one of the archangels used by god many times
typological sense → during the time of Jesus, an avid, contentious student and/or teacher of Jewish religious law
bible → The book that contains the writings or scriptures that Christians recognize as the written word of God.
assumption → The visit of the angel Gabriel to Mary to tell her that she would be the Mother of God and give birth to the Savior