5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Jan Hus
- Great Schism
- Pontius Pilate
- a the Roman governor that accused Jesus of defying Roman authority
- b the split in the Church when you had a pope in Avignon and one in Rome.
- c what was the first enemy city confronted by the Crusaders
- d taught that the authority of the Bible was higher than that of the Pope.
- e a medieval merchant-class town dweller.
5 Multiple choice questions
- this battle would decide the Second Punic War in favor of the Romans.
- a unified body of law formed from rulings
- a system of farming developed in
- invaded England in 1066.
- the everyday language of people in a region or country.
5 True/False questions
Richard the Lion-Hearted → invaded England in 1066.
Scutum → the device that allowed the Romans to board enemy ships
Antioch → The city attacked after Edessa and was considered almost the equal to Jerusalem.
Galea → the Latin word for Helmet
Ottoman Turks → the group that would eventually defeat the Byzantine emperors