5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which General landed his American and British troops in Africa in Operation Torch in 1942?
- What was Operation 'Z' (in 1940)?
- In 1941, what led to the internment of Japanese-American citizens and much fear in Americans?
- Why did the United States use the atomic bomb in 1945?
- Which Polish city was the focal point of the German Invasion in 1939?
- a A Japanese sub surfaced off the coast of California and shelled an oil storage site.
- b Dwight D. Eisenhower. (Advance on the Germans in Tunisia from west)
- c An attack on Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, to destroy the US Pacific Fleet.
- d To force surrender
- e Danzig
5 Multiple choice questions
- Largest tank battle in history; Germany loses.
- Outnumbered and Trapped
- France; No.
5 True/False questions
If a major war broke out in 1939, Japan would be an ally to which two countries? → Let them cut off Axis supplies
Why was June 14th the happiest day of Hitler's life? How is it related to what Germany experienced in WWI? (1940) → Battle of the Bulge; (Hitler fails)
What was the bloodiest battle ever fought in history? → Great Britain and France declare war on Germany, but nothing is done (sitzkrieg)
What were the Japanese suicide planes called? (1944) → Kamikaze
On December 7, 1941, what two targets were bombed by the Japanese? → Germany surrender unconditionally