5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Adverb Phrase
- semantic mapping
- a the struggle, internal or external, between opposing forces in a work of literature.
- b a prepositional phrase that modifies a verb, an adjective, or an adverb
Example: The bears were in the bed. Mama bear is naive about her bears.
- c diagrams that are useful during pre-reading. The word is in the center circle and rays and circles branch out of the word.
- d words that are spelled and pronounced the same,yet have a different meaning
Ex. Tear-when you cry tear-when something rips
- e an author's choice of words, based on their effectiveness for the author's purpose.
5 Multiple choice questions
- interference with learning that results from differences between two otherwise similar tasks
- the state of having contradictory or conflicting emotional attitudes or opinions
- the reader or the playgoer has information unknown
- a form of dramatic poetry in which a speaker addresses a silent listener.
- The audience knows more than the character knows and creates humor
5 True/False questions
anthropomorphism → a person or force working against the protagonist, or central character, in a literary work.
tanka → a form of Japanese poetry
Ex. the 1st and 3rd lines have five syllables and the 2nd, 4th, and 5th have seven syllables
Gerund Phrase → A verb form that is used as a noun
Example: Disciplinging the dogs is a teadious task. Singing to the audience makes me nervous.
dactylic → stressed, unstressed, unstressed /ˇˇ
trochaic → stressed, unstressed /ˇ