5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Electronic Funds Transfer
- outstanding checks
- free trade
- transfer payments
- a when rival companies form a monopoly by banding together and agree not to compete with each other
- b checks that have been written but haven't yet reached the bank
- c any payment made by a government for a purpose other than that of purchasing goods or services, as for welfare benefits.
- d is the electronic exchange or transfer of money from one account to another, either within a single financial institution or across multiple institutions, through computer-based systems.
- e no limits on trade
5 Multiple choice questions
- gives artists the sole right to own their creations, such as plays, photos, music, paintings and books
- a company that controls an entire industry
- division of Department of Labor that sets and enforces work-related health and safety rules
- amount earned for each hour worked
- the amount or quantity of goods and services that consumers are willing to buy at various prices
5 True/False questions
patent → to grant the possession and enjoyment of (property, machinery, etc.) in return for the payment of rent from the tenant or lessee. (often fol. by out ).
Coins → a piece of metal stamped and issued by the authority of a government for use as money.
wages → money that is paid or received for work or services, as by the hour, day, or week.
balance sheet → the report of the financial state of a business on a certain date
capitalism → market economy, or private enterprise