5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a People of this profession helped spread the plague along the trade routes of Asia to southern Asia, southwest Asia and Africa.
- b the everyday language of people in a region or country.
- c one of the expeditions in which medieval Christian warriors sought to recover control of the Holy land from the Muslims.
- d Roman Catholic tribunal for investigating and prosecuting charges of heresy—especially the one active in Spain during the 1400s.
- e what was the first enemy city confronted by the Crusaders
5 Multiple choice questions
- this is what the common farmers, artisans, and merchants who made up a majority were referred to as.
- The Roman short sword
- He was the Seljuk leader of Antioch.
- this was the first major battle of the Crusades between the Seljuk Turks and the Crusaders in 1097
- the Roman governor that accused Jesus of defying Roman authority
5 True/False questions
Antioch → a non Christian
Richard the Lion-Hearted → an assembly
Avignon → The Popes would live in this French city for 69 years
Edessa → the city targeted by Baldwin during the Crusades.
Pope Urban II → the Pope that issued a plea that resulted in the First Crusade. Offered those going on the Crusades a "ticket to heaven"