5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Physiological Density
- Contagious Diffusion
- Triangular slave trade
- a # of people / arable land
- b A person who subscribes to the beliefs of racism
- c spreads rapidly from a point by proximity, the closer the more likely it is to spread
- d A boundary that separates regions in which different language usages predominate
- e A practice, primarily during the eighteenth century, in which European ships transported slaves from Africa to Caribbean islands, molasses from the Caribbean to Europe, and trade goods from Europe to Africa.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Medical technology invented in Europe and North America that is diffused to the poorer countries of Latin America, Asia, and Africa. Improved medical practices have eliminated many of the traditional causes of death in poorer countries and enabled more people to live longer and healthier lives.
- Process in which more powerful ethnic group forcibly removes a less powerful one in order to create an ethnically homogeneous region
- An individual who helps to diffuse a universalizing religion.
- distinctive causes of death in each stage of the demographic transition
- A collection of languages related to each other through a common ancestor long before recorded history.
5 True/False questions
spatial association → the concept that the distribution of one phenomenon is scientifically related to the location of other phenomena
Arithmetic Density → # of farmers of / land area
Undocumented Immigrants → Also known as illegal immigrants; migrants who enter a country without proper documentation.
Zero Population Growth → A decline of the total fertility rate to the point where the natural increase rate equals zero., when the birth rate equals the death rate
Population pyramid → A bar graph representing the distribution of population by age and sex.