5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- global wind patterns
- barometric pressure
- mechanical wave
- a bending of a ray of light
- b the reflective property of a non-luminous object
- c Pressure caused by the weight of the atmosphere. It decreases with increasing altitude.
- d Air circulation at surface creates wind patterns (Earth's shape and rotation causes variable latitudinal wind deflections.)
- e The wave with no transfer of matter - This wave requires a medium.
5 Multiple choice questions
- chemical substance, found mainly in liquid coolants, that damages the earth's protective ozone layer
- areas of gas on the sun's surface that are cooler than the gases around them
- measure of salt in water
- Amount of light a star actually gives off
- the change in the wavelength of light due to an object moving away from the observer.
5 True/False questions
carbon dioxide → a chemical compound made from one atom of the element carbon and two atoms of the element oxygen.
radiant energy → energy that travels in waves (includes solar energy, light energy)
light year → the distance light travels in one year
blue shift → mass per unit volume
Sun Protection Factor → the spinning of an object on its axis