5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Application software
- Systems software
- Serial ports
- a Running two or more distinct computer operations simultaneously; one in the foreground, the other(s) in the background.
- b A group of programs that coordinate and control the resources and operations of a computer system.
- c Computer ports that can transmit data one bit at a time; often used by a modem or a mouse.
- d Operating system developed by AT&T. It is considered portable, meaning it can run on just about any hardware platform.
- e Also called productivity software; helps you perform a specific task such as word processing, spreadsheets, and so forth.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Intangible set of instructions that tells the computer what to do.
- Systems software that provides an interface between the user or application program and the computer hardware.
- Technology that allows a hardware component to be attached to a computer so that it is automatically configured by the operating system, without user intervention.
- An operating system that runs on a network server.
- Systems software that convents code written in a programming language into machine language that the computer can understand.
5 True/False questions
Utility software → Systems software that performs tasks related to managing the computer's resources, file management, diagnostics, and other specialized chores.
MS-DOS → Microsoft's Disk Operating System; originally introduced with the IBM PC in 1981.
Troubleshooting → Running two or more distinct computer operations simultaneously; one in the foreground, the other(s) in the background.
Virus → A computer program that is written to cause corruption of data.
Algorithm → Communications hardware device that facilitates the transmission of data