5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Epidemiological Transition
- Industrial Revolution
- Guest workers
- a Branch of medical science concerned with the incidence, distribution, and control of diseases that affect large numbers of people.
- b Change in technology, brought about by improvements in machinery and by use of steam power
- c The portion of Earth's surface occupied by permanent human settlement.
- d distinctive causes of death in each stage of the demographic transition
- e Workers who migrate to the more developed countries of Northern and Western Europe, usually from Southern of Eastern Europe or from North Africa, in search of higher-paying jobs.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A law that divided much of the United States into a system of townships to facilitate the sale of land to settlers.
- the focus of how the physical environment causes social development
- compares a distance on a map with a distance in the real world, shows the ratio between distances on a map and distances on the earth
- An individual who helps to diffuse a universalizing religion.
- the quality of moving freely
5 True/False questions
Physiological Density → The number of people per unit of area of arable land, which is land suitable for agriculture.
Branch → An identity with a group of people who share a similar biological ancestor
Intraregional Migration → Permanent movement from one region of a country to another. Eg. NE to S
Dialect → a regional variety of a language, with differences in vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation; also a form of a language spoken by members of a particular social class or profession
Interregional Migration → The difference between the level of immigration and the level of emigration.