5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- black hole
- Coriolis Effect
- wave length
- a a dense, collapsed core with a very strong gravitational pull that forms when a very massive star becomes a supernova
- b The way Earth's rotation makes winds in the Northern Hemisphere curve to the right and winds in the Southern Hemisphere curve to the left.
- c high temperature physical state of matter in which atoms lose their electrons
- d the length from one crest to another
- e a substance through which a wave can travel
5 Multiple choice questions
- An increase in the measured frequency of light from an approaching source.
- layer of air surrounding the earth
- the vertical distance from the crest of a wave to the trough
- the change in the wavelength of light due to an object moving away from the observer.
- damaging wave of light emitted by the sun - eads to cataracts in eyes, interferes with photosynthesis, kills phytoplankton, wakens the immune system
5 True/False questions
electromagnetic waves → The wave with no transfer of matter - This wave requires a medium.
protostar → Early form of a star; This stage lies between the collapsing of dust and gas and the beginning of nuclear fusion
mechanical wave → The wave with no transfer of matter - This wave requires a medium.
revolution → the spinning of an object on its axis
chlorofluorocarbons → n. The throwing off or back of light, heat, sound, or any form of energy that travels in waves.