5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- immaculate conception
- deposit of faith
- a during the time of Jesus, an avid, contentious student and/or teacher of Jewish religious law
- b The dogma proclaimed in Christian Tradition and defined in 1854, that from the first moment of her conception, Mary--by the singular grace of God and by virtue of the merits of Jesus Christ--was preserved immune from original sin
- c The heritage of faith contained in Sacred Scripture and Tradition, handed on in the Church from the time of the Apostles, from which the Magisterium draws all that it proposes for belief as being divinely revealed
- d concsecrated celibacy that enables people to give themselves to god alone with an undivided heart in a remarkable manner
- e from the hebrew word meaning "vision" or "revelation interpreted"
5 Multiple choice questions
- Hebrew for "anointed." This is used in reference to Jesus because he accomplished perfectly the divine mission of priest, prophet, and king, signified by his being anointed as Christ.
- A permanent state of life recognized by the Church
- one of the archangels used by god many times
- a name givin to two major parts of the bible
- the biginning of marrage in ancient times
5 True/False questions
apocryphal → from the hebrew word meaning "vision" or "revelation interpreted"
literal sense proper → method of scriptural interpretion in which the author is inspired to use figures of speech
literal sense improper → method of Scriptural interpretation in which the author intends precisely what he was inspired to write
prepetual → for all time, forever
doctrine → one of the archangels used by god many times