5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Plug and play
- a Technology that allows a hardware component to be attached to a computer so that it is automatically configured by the operating system, without user intervention.
- b Running two or more distinct computer operations simultaneously; one in the foreground, the other(s) in the background.
- c Operating system developed by AT&T. It is considered portable, meaning it can run on just about any hardware platform.
- d Communications hardware device that facilitates the transmission of data
- e Microsoft's Disk Operating System; originally introduced with the IBM PC in 1981.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Devices that protect electronic equipment from variations in electric current.
- Part of the computer's operating system that users interact with.
- Expert computer users who invade someone else's computer either for personal gain or simply for the satisfaction of being able to do it.
- Standard for computer ports that support data transfer rates of up to 12 million bits per second.
- A set of clearly defined, logical steps that solve a problem.
5 True/False questions
Boot → The process of starting a computer.
Utility software → Systems software that performs tasks related to managing the computer's resources, file management, diagnostics, and other specialized chores.
Parallel ports → Computer ports that can transmit data eight bits at a time; usually used by a printer.
Application software → Also called productivity software; helps you perform a specific task such as word processing, spreadsheets, and so forth.
Graphical user interfaces → Part of the computer's operating system that users interact with.