5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a the everyday language of people in a region or country.
- b this battle would decide the Second Punic War in favor of the Romans.
- c a medieval merchant-class town dweller.
- d the leader that led a rebellion of slaves in 70 B.C. against the Roman empire
- e The Crusades were fought to recapture this important city.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The city attacked after Edessa and was considered almost the equal to Jerusalem.
- the Roman leader that attacked Carthage 204 B.C.
- what was the first enemy city confronted by the Crusaders
- Jews were subject to these violent attacks
- the split in the Church when you had a pope in Avignon and one in Rome.
5 True/False questions
Joan of Arc → taught that the authority of the Bible was higher than that of the Pope.
Thomas Aquinas → the group that would eventually defeat the Byzantine emperors
Clement V → the pope that moved from Rome to Avignon.
Scutum → the Roman Shield
Pope Gregory XI → issued the bull that set up the tribunal court system to try heretics