5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What strategy did Hitler decide upon against the USSR in 1941?
- If a major war broke out in 1939, Japan would be an ally to which two countries?
- What was Operation 'Z' (in 1940)?
- Which Polish city was the focal point of the German Invasion in 1939?
- Which Allied Power captured Berlin?
- a Germany and Italy
- b An attack on Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, to destroy the US Pacific Fleet.
- c USSR
- d Danzig
- e Target Leningrad and Stalingrad to dishearten the communists.
5 Multiple choice questions
- German death camp: Auschwitz
- To force surrender
- Submarines (US U-boats)
- Admiral Yamamoto
- Germany surrender unconditionally
5 True/False questions
Why was the Battle of Kursk important (1943)? → Largest tank battle in history; Germany loses.
What was the bloodiest battle ever fought in history? → Battle of Stalingrad.
On what two islands did the United States defeat Japan in 1943? → Guadalcanal and Tarawa
June 6, 1944, is better known as what? → D-Day
What two other US territories did Japan capture in December in 1941? → Guam and Wake Island