5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Operating systems
- Systems software
- Language translators
- Plug and play
- Graphical user interfaces
- a Systems software that provides an interface between the user or application program and the computer hardware.
- b Technology that allows a hardware component to be attached to a computer so that it is automatically configured by the operating system, without user intervention.
- c A group of programs that coordinate and control the resources and operations of a computer system.
- d An operating system with graphical symbols representing files, programs, and documents.
- e Systems software that convents code written in a programming language into machine language that the computer can understand.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Computer ports that can transmit data eight bits at a time; usually used by a printer.
- A battery power source that provides electric current during a power outage.
- Devices that protect electronic equipment from variations in electric current.
- Standard for computer ports that support data transfer rates of up to 12 million bits per second.
- Computer ports that can transmit data one bit at a time; often used by a modem or a mouse.
5 True/False questions
Application software → Systems software that performs tasks related to managing the computer's resources, file management, diagnostics, and other specialized chores.
Network operating system → An operating system that runs on a network server.
Firewall → A computer program that is written to cause corruption of data.
MS-DOS → Communications hardware device that facilitates the transmission of data
Boot → The process of starting a computer.