Upgrade to remove ads
SFMC - Email Specialist SG
Terms in this set (73)
What makes a subject line effective?
Short & Sweet (Under 50 Characters), Shows your Style, Uses A/B Testing
Make them relevant with Personalization and Dynamic Content
Call-To-Actions are clear and easy to click, with an obvious action (NOT "Click Here" or "Submit")
What are six CAN-SPAM requirements?
1. Accurately identify the sender in email header info
2. Use a subject line that accurately represents the content of the email
3. Identify the message as an advertisement, unless you have consent (opt-in) from subscriber
4. Include physical mailing address
5. Provide a mechanism to opt-out. Must not require Log-in or multiple pages
6. Must process opt-out within 10 days, and unsubscribe mechanism must be operational for 30 days after mailing
What can be done to improve deliverability?
• Ensure all subscribers have given you permission to email them
• Monitor and fix bounce rates greater than 20%
• Ensure subscribers recognize the email is from you (use name in Subject)
• Recognizable From Name and Address
• Purge Old or Inactive addresses
• Manage Frequency and Content
• Authenticate email to avoid bulk folder
What methods allow potential subscribers to opt-in?
• Website Signup - Pop Up or Form - Single or Double Opt In
• Facebook - Ads or Social Share
• Mobile Opt In
• Stores (Check Out)
• Customer Service (Call Centers)
What are 6 email design best practices?
1. Design for Top 600 Pixels by three inches
2. Make links look like links
3. Minimize use of images
4. Minimize copy and text
5. Make it easy to unsubscribe
6. Personalize subject lines and email contect
7. Avoid SPAM words
8. Avoid CSS
9. Always Test
What's the difference between Responsive Design and Mobile Aware
Mobile Aware uses a single, mobile-friendly layout that works in all viewing environments
Responsive Design uses code to deliver multiple templates or live-rendering elements
What capabilities does the A/B Testing tool have?
• Can test two versions of an email to two audiences
• Automatically splits audience
• Winner based on highest unique Opens or highest Click-through rate
• Can test on Subject, Emails, Content Areas, From Names, Send Date/Time, Preheader
What are the 4 Testing tools?
1. Content Detective
• SPAM filtering software - IDs words, phrases and patterns that trigger filters
• Suggests solutions
• Does NOT scan HTML code to ensure correct structure/syntax
• Correct field syntax
• Dynamic Content rules
• Guide Template Language and AMPScript
• Required elements: Unsubscribe link + Physical mailing address
3. Send Preview
• Renders Email
• Populations personalization strings
• Displays dynamic content
• Executes Guide Template Language + AMPScript
4. Test Send
• Simple test delivery
• Up to 5 email addresses
• Does not populate personalization, dynamic content, or scripts
• Not all links are active
After unsubscribing from a publication list, a subscriber can be re-subscribed this way:
Manual list addition
What are the types of subscriber status?
Active, Bounced, Undeliverable/Held, Unsubscribed
When associating a publication list to a send, if the subscriber's email address does not exist on the publication list, what happens?
The email address is added to the list and the status becomes active
When a subscriber unsubscribes from a list, or is marked unsubscribe on a publication list, what event occurs?
List level unsubscribe
What is a Unique Identifier
A field that contains a unique value, all data on a subscriber is based on this
When creating a business unit in an enterprise account, what are the unsubscribe settings?
Business Unit and Enterprise level unsubscribe
Where can a subscriber update their personal information?
What are the elements of an effective email?
Recognizable and consistent sender name, design that renders on all devices, clear call to action
What feature allows for an end user to submit an email for approval before send?
Email Approval Process; needs to be enabled by Administrator
What feature can test differences in emails and determine which performs best?
When sending to subscribers on a sendable data extension, if the subscriber does not exist in all subscribers, what email address is used?
Email address in sendable data extension
When sending to subscribers on a sendable data extension, if the subscriber exists in all subscribers, what email address is used?
Email address in all subscribers
What is Global unsubscribe?
An event that occurs when subscriber opts out of ALL emails sent from the Salesforce Marketing Cloud
What sending capability excludes or suppresses specified email addresses?
Guided or User-Initiated send
A/B Testing can be used on which elements?
Subject Lines, Emails, Content Areas, From Names, Send Date/Time, Preheader
What event occurs when a subscriber opts out of all emails sent from a company?
What options are available to create an email?
Template, Paste HTML, Text Only
What options are available to send an email?
Guided Send: Wizard guides user through steps
Simple Send: Basic One-Page send to group or list
User-Initiated Email: Can save send parameters and be automated
NTO wants to send to a list. What send method should be used?
Any send method
NTO wants to send to a data extension and exclude some recipients. What send method should be used?
What send method uses Send Classification?
All send methods
What parameters can be saved in a Send Classification?
Sender Profile: From Name, From Address
Delivery Profile: IP Address, Header, Footer
Who can create Send Classifications?
Marketing Cloud Account Administrator
What are the 5 automation tools?
1. Playbooks: Step-by-Step guides / Templates
2. Triggered Email: Executed from event occurring outside of Marketing Cloud
3. Journey Builder: 1 to 1 behavior marketing engine, online + offline channels
4. API: Interface for sending data between applications
5. Automation Studio: drag-and-drop interface for workflow design and scheduling
What types of automations are available in Automation Studio?
• Scheduled: Defined time/date send
• Triggered: Executed on file transfer to FTP
What activities can be automated?
1. Data Extract: Exports tracking information or data from data extension. Transforms XML to CSV, TSV, or PSV
2. Import File: Imports file from FTP to list or data extension
3. Transfer File: De-encrypt or unzip file on FTP
4. Filter: Applies filter to list or data extension
5. Refresh Group: Applies criteria to a list to create a subset of subscribers called a Group
6. SQL Query: Applies SQL statement to data extension
7. Send Email: Execute User Initiated Email definition or define parameters for Send Activity
8. Wait: Pause execution for a specific time or period
9. Report Definition: Defines parameters for a report
What repeat options are available when defining a schedule?
• Run Once
When can a scheduled automation end?
• After a number of occurrences
• Date specified
What is the workflow for automated import of an encrypted file?
1. Transfer File
2. Import Activity
NTO wants to send daily notifications to subscribers when their wish list items are on sale. The data for segmentation is in 2 data extensions: Wish List and On Sale, updated nightly. There are over 1 million records in Wish List. How would this workflow be automated?
1. Import File
2. SQL Query
4. Send Email
What is a Primary Key?
An attribute that determines the field is unique for the data extension
What is a Send Relationship?
Send Relationship defines a field in the Sendable data extension to map to Subscriber Key in All Subscribers when sending
Can a data extension field with duplicate values be marked Primary Key?
No, a Primary Key field must have only unique values
Can a data extension with a Subscriber Key be used for sending?
Yes, the application will look up the subscriber key in the subscriber database and send to the email associated with that key
When creating an Import Activity in a Data Extension to add and update data, the only available Update Type appears as Overwrite. How can the Update Type be changed?
Mark a field in the data extension as a Primary Key. If no field can be marked as Primary Key, Overwrite is the only option.
What are the 3 types of Unsubscribes?
Global: Removes record from entire Marketing Cloud
Master: Removes record from all Company communications
List-Level: Removes record from a List in Subscription Center
A company sends a newsletter to subscribers on a Newsletter List. If a user clicks the "Unsubscribe from Newsletter" link in an email, what type of unsubscribe will occur?
List-Level - The user status will be Unsubscribed on the Newsletter list only.
What are 3 ways to import data?
1. Import Wizard: One time import
2. Import Activity: Import definition saved as a reusable template, can be automated via Auto. Studio
3. API: Programmatic import
What are the 2 Segmentation tools in the Email application?
1) Drag & Drop Segmentation
-List + Data Extensions
-Filtered + Random
-Measures (Profile + Behavioral Data)
-Data Filters (Saved Measure Rules)
2) Query Segmentation
-SQL Query Activity
How can segments be refreshed?
• Create the Data Filter - Defines the rules and conditions
• Create the Filter Activity - Creates the filtered data extension or filtered list
• Automate via Automation Studio - Refreshes the filtered data extension or filtered list
NTO has a subscriber list of 1.5 million records, and wants to send a targeted email to newsletter subscribers who have purchased a product in the last year and everyone who clicked the "Learn more" link in the last email. What tool in the Email application is the best tool to use?
Query, due to large size of database and need for behavioral data
NTO wants to send a one-time email to MyNTO members who clicked a link in the last email, are Gold members, and have made a purchase in the last year. Data is located in multiple data extensions with a common field of Customer Number. The marketing team is non-technical. How can they create a segment?
1. Create a data relationship
2. Create a measure
3. Create a data filter
What objects are sharable across business units?
• Data Extensions
• Publication Lists
• Suppression Lists
What Metrics are available for Tracking?
When is an Open event recorded?
When an image is rendered in an Email
What Metrics are shown in the Tracking Details - Overview Tab?
Can links in an Email be modified after sending?
Yes, via the Job Links tab in Tracking Details. You can edit the URL base (protocol, hostname, and path) and the URL parameters (field and value pairs for the query string).
How can a report be automated to provide Account Send Summary data every Monday morning for emails sent the prior week?
1. Create and save an Account Send Summary Report definition to pull tracking data for last 7 days
2. Schedule report to run every Monday morning, and results emailed to requestor
How can past reports be incorporated into an automated monthly Welcome Campaign report for comparison?
1. Create and save a Welcome Campaign Email Tracking Report to pull information for the last 30 days
2. Automate the report and select to save as a report (Snapshot). When saved as a report, the results will be saved in the Snapshot area for the report
What products are integrated through Marketing Cloud Connect?
Marketing Cloud - Service Cloud - Sales Cloud
Where can information be found on Marketing Cloud Connect?
Where can information be found on APIs?
Where can the Email Application accessed?
Salesforce Marketing Cloud
What is the Marketing Cloud?
A real-time, multichannel engagement solution that provides a single view of customers and prospects, and empowers marketers to plan, monitor, track and take action across all interactive c
What is an Asset?
Media, images, documents, video, code
Where are Assets stored in Marketing Cloud
What are valid file types for Image Assets?
.jpeg (.jpg), .gif, .bmp, .png, .tif (.tiff)
What are valid file types for Document Assets?
Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Text, PDF, Flash, Quicktime, Calendar Invite
What are valid file types for Code Assets?
.html, .css, .js
What are the recommended Image specifications?
Img Width <= 600px, Banner (W: 600px, H: 150px), Resolution: 72 dpi, File Size <= 200 KB
What is the Document file size limit?
How can larger documents be uploaded?
Contact Global Support for assistance
What is a Template?
Defines the layout and design of an email
What are the 2 options for creating a template?
1. Editor & Wizard
2. Paste HTML
Where are templates found in the interface?
Email App > Content > Templates
Other Quizlet sets
New Deal Vocabulary
Liver Disease Adv II (Final)
(581) Written Directives