4b Buddhist practices question 2 (complete LEARN, MATCH & TEST)
Terms in this set (8)
Vipassana (insight) & Samatha (mindfulness)
Can you name two types of Buddhist meditation?
Wesak & Parinirvana Day
Can you name two Buddhist festivals?
• By making offerings to shrine of Buddha (e.g. candles / flowers)
• Chanting (reciting) a passage from a Buddhist text (e.g. 4 noble truths)
Can you name two forms of Buddhist (puja) worship?
• 'Not to kill' - they will be pacifists and vegetarians
• 'Not to take intoxicants' - they need to keep their mind clear for meditation
Can you explain two ways Buddhist follow the 5 precepts?
• Patience & generosity
Can you name 2 of the 6 perfections?
• Metta = loving kindness, developing this feeling for everybody (including enemies)
• Karuna = compassion, to care about the suffering of all living beings
Can you explain what metta and karuna are?
• Sky burial, where body is left out for vultures!
• Theravada Buddhists buy new robes for monks, creating good karma / rebirth for dead person
Can you explain two Buddhist funeral rites?
• If you are good (e.g. follow 5 precepts) this will create good karma & rebirth
• If you are bad (e.g. give into the 3 poisons) this will create negative karma & rebirth
Can you explain two Buddhist beliefs about Karma and rebirth?
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Nature & People Vocabulary | Introductory Traditional Mandarin Chinese
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
1a. Christian Beliefs - key terms (complete 'LEARN, MATCH', & TEST)
5b Religion & Life question 2 (complete LEARN, MATCH & TEST)
5a. Religion & Life KEY TERMS (complete 'LEARN', 'MATCH', & 'TEST')
1.B Christian beliefs - explain 2 beliefs about.... (LEARN, MATCH, TEST)