Study sets, textbooks, questions
Upgrade to remove ads
Terms in this set (6)
1. Warfarin in the presence of chronic atrial fibrillation.
2. Aspirin with chronic atrial fibrillation if warfarin contraindicated.
3. Aspirin and clopidogrel with documented Hx of coronary, cerebral and peripheral vascular disease, in a patient with sinus rhythm.
4. Antihypertensive therapy where systolic blood pressure is consistently >160mmHg.
5. Statin therapy with documented Hx of coronary, cerebral or peripheral vascular disease, where the patient's functional status remains independent fr activities of daily living and expectancy is >5 years.
6. ACEIs with chronic heart failure.
7. ACEI following MI.
8. Beta blocker with chronic stable angina.
1. L-DOPA in PD with definite functional impairment and resulting disability.
2. Antidepressant drugs with moderate-severe depression lasting 3 months.
1. PPI with severe GORD or peptic stricture requiring dilatation.
2. Fibre supplements for chronic symptomatic diverticular disease with constipation.
1. Regular SABA or anticholinergic for mild to moderate asthma or COPD.
2. Regular ICS for moderate to severe asthma or COPD.
3. Home continuous oxygen with documented chronic type 1 resp failure.
1. DMARDS with active moderate-severe rheumatoid disease lasting >12 weeks.
2. Bisphosphonates in those taking maintenance oral corticosteroids.
3. Calcium and vit D supplements in pts with known osteoporosis
1. Metformin in T2DM +/- metabolic syndrome
2. ACEI or ARB in DM with nephropathy.
3. Antiplatelet therapy in DM if one or more co-existing major cardiovascular risk factors is present.
4. Statin therapy if one or more co-existing major cardiovascular risk factors present.
Other sets by this creator