Study sets, textbooks, questions
Upgrade to remove ads
Show me Tell me.
Terms in this set (23)
Tell me questions.
- Where you explain how you'd carry out a safety task) at the start of your test, before you start driving.
- You receive one minor if you get 1 or both questions incorrect.
Tell me how you would check that the brakes are working before starting a journey.
- Should not feel spongy or slack.
- Should be tested before set off.
- Vehicle should not pull to one side.
Tell me where you'd find the information for the recommended tyre pressures for this car and how tyre pressures should be checked.
- Manufacturer's guide.-
- Use a reliable pressure gauge, check and adjust pressures when tyres are cold.
- Don't forget spare tyre.
- Remember to refit valve caps.
Tell me how you make sure your head restraint is correctly adjusted so it provides the best protection in the event of a crash.
- The head restraint should be adjusted so the rigid part of the head restraint is at least as high as the eye or top of the ears, and as close to the back of the head as is comfortable.
Tell me how you'd check the tyres to ensure that they have sufficient tread depth and that their general condition is safe to use on the road.
- No cuts and bulges.
- 1.6mm of tread depth across the central three-quarters of the breadth of the tyre, and around the entire outer circumference of the tyre.
Tell me how you would check the headlights and taillights are working. You do not need to leave the vehicle.
- Explain you'd operate the switch (turn on ignition if necessary), then walk round vehicle (as this is a 'tell me' question, you don't need to physically check the lights).
Tell me how you would know there was a problem with the anti-lock braking system.
- Warning light would illuminate if there was a fault.
Tell me how you would check the direction indicators were working. You do not have to leave the vehicle.
- Explain you'd operate the switch (turn on ignition if necessary), and then walk round vehicle (as this is a 'tell me' question, you don't need to physically check the lights).
Tell me how you would check the brake lights are working on this car.
- Explain you'd operate the brake pedal.
- Make use of reflections in windows or doors.
- Ask someone to help by checking the lights.
Tell me how you'd check the power-assisted steering is working before starting a journey.
- When the engine is off, the steering will feel very heavy.
Tell me how you'd switch on the rear fog light(s) and explain when you'd use it/them. You don't need to exit the vehicle.
- Operate switch (turn on dipped headlights and ignition if necessary).
- Check warning light is on. - Explain use. Visibility less than 100m
Tell me how you switch your headlight from dipped to main beam and explain how you'd know the main beam is on.
- Operate switch (with ignition or engine on if necessary).
- Check with main beam warning light.
Open the bonnet and tell me how you'd check that the engine has sufficient oil.
- Identify dipstick/oil level indicator.
- Describe check of oil level against the minimum and maximum markers.
Open the bonnet and tell me how you'd check that the engine has sufficient engine coolant.
- Identify high and low level markings on header tank where fitted or radiator filler cap.
- Describe how to top up to correct level.
Open the bonnet and tell me how you'd check that you have a safe level of hydraulic brake fluid.
- Identify reservoir.
- Check level against high and low markings.
Show me questions.
- These are asked while you are driving.
When it's safe to do so, can you show me how you wash and clean the rear windscreen?
Usually a push on the right stick.
When it's safe to do so, can you show me how you wash and clean the front windscreen?
Usually a pull on the right stick.
When it's safe to do so, can you show me how you'd switch on your dipped headlights?
Switch them on.
Lights are on on dashboard.
When it's safe to do so, can you show me how you'd set the rear demister?
Rectangle button. Turn off.
When it's safe to do so, can you show me how you'd operate the horn?
No vehicles nearby.
When it's safe to do so, can you show me how you'd demist the front windscreen?
Sector circle. Turn off.
When it's safe to do so, can you show me how you'd open and close the side window?
Students also viewed
show me tell me questions
Driving - tell me questions
Show me Tell me.
Show me tell me questions
Other sets by this creator
DECA 2 Mentimeter 3 - Final Quiz
DECA 2 Mentimeter 2 - EEP0 and EEP1
DECA 2 Mentimeter 1 - EEP0
Physical: AS- 5. Kinetics