STUDY ON THE GO GIVEAWAY- Official Rules
Sponsored by Quizlet, Inc. (“Sponsor”). NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS NOT SPONSORED, ENDORSED, ADMINISTERED BY OR AFFILIATED WITH APPLE, SPOTIFY, ALLBIRDS, AMAZON OR STARBUCKS, OR ANY OF THEIR SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Entrant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by the rules of the Sweepstakes (“Official Rules”), and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Quizlet as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Sweepstakes.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted starting on December 6, 2018 12:00 am EST and ending December 16, 2018, at 11:59 pm EST. (“Sweepstakes Period”).
4. How to Enter: There are two (2) methods of entry.
Method 1: Entrants who download the Quizlet iOS or Android app to their mobile device and sign in to their account will be automatically entered in the Giveaway, referred to as “Download Entries”.
Method #2: Entrants may also submit a “Mail-in Entry”. To enter, hand print your name, address, telephone number and email address on a piece of paper, insert the paper in a #10 envelope and mail the envelope to: “Quizlet STUDY ON THE GO Giveaway Entry”, 501 2nd Street, Suite 500, San Francisco, CA 94107. Your Mail-in Entry must be postmarked during the Contest Period and received by Sponsor by December 18, 2018.
Download Entries and Main-in Entries may be collectively referred to as “Entries”. Entrants may only submit one Entry, regardless of method.
5. Prize Winner Selection: There will be a total of 3 (three) prize winners (“Winner”) from all valid Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Winners will be selected randomly from all eligible Entries received. If the selected entrant is from Canada, they will be required to complete a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be overseen by the Sponsor prior to being declared a Winner. The selection will be overseen by the Sponsor whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Winners will be notified by Instagram direct message and must claim their prizes or, where applicable, arrange a testing date, within 48 hours and may be required to provide additional information to allow delivery of prize or administration of test, including, without limitation, email address, full name, postal address and phone number.
6. Rights to the Submission: Entrant grants to Sponsor a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully paid up, transferable right and license, with a right to sublicense through multiple tiers, to use, reproduce, create derivative works based upon, sell and offer for sale, distribute copies of, perform and display publicly, and otherwise exploit Entrant’s Submission, in any manner in which Sponsor sees fit, in any and all media, now existing or hereafter developed. Entrant represents, warrants and covenants that Entrant’s Submission (i) is original, accurate, and of entrant's own creation, (ii) has not been entered in any other competition or contest, including other competitions or contests conducted by Sponsor, (iii) does not violate the intellectual property or proprietary rights of other parties, or third party rights of publicity or rights of privacy, (iv) is not offensive or defamatory and does not contain vulgar or profane language, as determined by the judges and the Sponsor, and (v) does not violate the Quizlet Terms of Service, Community Guidelines or Honor Code. Entrant hereby agrees not to instigate, support, maintain or authorize any action, claim or lawsuit against Sponsor, or any other person, on the grounds that any use of the Submission as provided herein, infringes any of entrant’s rights as creator of the Submission, including, without limitation, trademark rights, copyrights and moral rights or “droit moral.”
7. Prizes: There will be three (3) prizes awarded:
- First Prize: One (1) “Quizlet Study Pack”, consisting of a one (1) year subscription to Quizlet Plus, a one (1) year Spotify Premium Membership, one (1) pair of Apple AirPods, and one (1) pair of All Birds house slippers. ARV of Quizlet Study Pack is $395 (three hundred and ninety-five USD).
- Second Prize: “Gift Card Pack”, consisting of a one (1) year subscription to Quizlet Plus, one (1) $50 (fifty USD) Starbucks Gift Card, and one (1) $50 (fifty USD) Amazon Gift Card. ARV of Gift Card Pack is $120 (one hundred and twenty USD).
- Third Prize: one (1) “Quizlet Swag Bag” consisting of a one (1) year subscription to Quizlet Plus, one (1) Quizlet T-shirt, and assorted Quizlet stickers to be determined at the sole discretion of Sponsor. ARV of Quizlet Swag Bag is $35 (thirty USD).
8. Odds: The odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible Entries received.
9. Notification of Prize Winner: Winners will be contacted directly via the contact information provided in their Entry. If the Winner entered via Method 1, they will be contacted by the email address provided in their Quizlet account registration. If the Winner entered via Method 2, they will be contacted via the email address provided in the Entry. Sponsor will notify the Winner within two (2) business days of selection. The prize winner may be asked to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release within seven (7) days of notification. If a selected Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize, fails to successfully complete a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question, if applicable, and/or, where an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release is not timely received, is incomplete or modified, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner can be selected from remaining valid, eligible Entries timely submitted. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted a Submission, the Submission will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email account associated with the Entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. No automatically generated Entries will be accepted.
10. Disclaimers; Indemnity; Limitation of Liability: The Sweepstakes is offered by Sponsor, 501 2nd Street, Suite 500, San Francisco, CA which is not responsible for (a) late, lost, delayed, damaged, incomplete, illegible, misdirected or undeliverable Submissions, responses, or other correspondence, whether by e-mail or postal mail or otherwise; (b) theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alterations of Submission materials; or (c) phone, electrical, network, computer, hardware, software program or transmission malfunctions, failures or difficulties.
11.You agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold Sponsor and its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, sponsors and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, and assigns, and any other organizations related to the Sweepstakes, (“Indemnified Parties”) harmless from and against any and all claims, suits, actions, demands, and proceedings of any kind threatened, asserted or filed against Sponsor and/or any Indemnified Party by any third party (collectively "Claims"), and any damages, losses, expenses, liabilities or costs of any kind, (including but not limited to reasonable attorneys' fees, witness fees and court costs) incurred in connection with such Claims, that in any way arise from participation in this Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of a prize or parts thereof, including without limitation (i) arising out of or relating to any breach or alleged breach of any warranty, representation or covenant made by Entrant herein, (ii) any condition caused by events beyond Sponsor’s control that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; and (ii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Sponsor will provide Entrant reasonably prompt written notice of any such Claims and provide Entrant with reasonable information and assistance, at Entrant’s expense, to help Entrant to defend such Claims. Entrant will not have any right, without Sponsor’s written consent, to settle any such claim if such settlement contains a stipulation to or admission or acknowledgment of, any liability or wrongdoing (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) on the part of the Sponsor or otherwise requires Sponsor to take or refrain from taking any material action (such as the payment of fees). In no event will Sponsor be liable to you for any direct, special, incidental, exemplary, punitive or consequential damages (including loss of use, data, business or profits) arising out of or in connection with your participation in the Sweepstakes, whether such liability arises from any claim based upon contract, warranty, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, and whether or not Sponsor Has been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage. SPONSOR’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO ANY ENTRANT UNDER THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR RELATING TO THE SWEEPSTAKES WILL NOT EXCEED THE VALUE OF THE PRIZE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
12. Publicity: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant consents to the use of his/her name, photo and/or likeness, biographical information, and statements attributed to entrant (if true) for advertising and promotional purposes, including without limitation, inclusion in Sponsor’s newsletters, and Sponsor’s website at quizlet.com or any of Quizlet’s social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or LinkedIn without additional compensation.
14. General: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part, in the event of fraud, technical or other difficulties or if the integrity of the Sweepstakes is compromised, without liability to the entrant. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or winner, as determined by Sponsor, in its discretion. The Sweepstakes is subject to these Official Rules and all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrant acknowledges that entrant has read these Official Rules and agrees to abide by them and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the Sweepstakes. These Official Rules are governed by the law of the State of California, without reference to rules governing choice of laws. Any action, suit or case arising out of, or in connection with, this Sweepstakes or these Official Rules must be brought in either the federal courts located in the Northern District of California or the state courts located in San Francisco County, California.
15. Winner’s List, Official Rules: For a list of prize winners or a copy of these Official Rules, send your request and a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Quizlet Sweepstakes, 501 2nd Street, Suite 500, San Francisco, CA 94107 or (for Winner’s list only) send an email message to email@example.com with “Winner’s list” as the email subject and sweepstakes name specified in the body of the e-mail as well as details of your request.
16. Quizlet’s Address: 501 2nd Street, Suite 500, San Francisco, CA 94107