Upgrade to remove ads
CHAPTER 14: INTERNATIONAL LOGISTICS
Terms in this set (35)
1.____ refers to the sum of the gross domestic product of all countries.
gross world product
2.____ are taxes that governments place on the importation of certain items.
3. Which of the following is not a political restriction on international trade?
all of the above are political restrictions
4. What do we call a system of accounts that records a country's international financial transactions?
balance of payments
5. Cargo preference rules ____.
require a certain percentage of traffic to move on a nation's flag vessels
6. When one country's currency is weak relative to other currencies, ____.
it becomes more costly to import products to the country, but its exports surge
7. Which of the following is not true of sachets?
. they tend to be sold in higher-income countries
8. A ____ is used in areas where dockworkers cannot read but need a method to keep documents and shipments together.
9. Which of the following is not a cultural factor that can influence international logistics?
10. A ____ specifies the country (ies) in which a product is manufactured and can be required by governments for control purposes or by an exporter to verify the location of manufacture
certificate of origin
11. A ____ is similar in nature to a domestic bill of lading and summarizes the entire transaction
. commercial invoice
12. A ____ often serves as the basis for a country's official export statistics.
shipper's export declaration
13. Incoterms refer to ____.
terms of sale for international shipments
14. Incoterms are generally revised approximately every ____ years.
15. ____ distinct international methods of payment exist.
16. What international method of payment is issued by a bank and guarantees payment to a seller provided that the seller has complied with applicable terms and conditions of the particular transaction?
letter of credit
17. International freight forwarders can provide a number of functions. Which of the following is not one of them?
all of the above are possible functions
18. Consular documents ____.
involve obtaining permission from the importing country for the goods to enter
19. Which of the following is not a source of income for international freight forwarders?
payment for freight pick up and delivery
20. Which international logistics service provider is often confused with the international freight forwarder?
non-vessel operating common carrier
21. ____ act the export sales department for a manufacturer.
export management companies
22. An ____ custom packs shipments when the exporter lacks the equipment or the expertise to do so itself
23. The cost of sending a shipment by air transportation from China to the United States can be ____ times more expensive than sending a shipment by water transportation between the two countries.
24. Approximately ____ of cross-border shipments move by water transportation
25. As of 2012, ____ is the world's busiest container port.
26. ____ refer to major ports where thousands of containers arrive and depart each week.
. load centers
27. Shipping conferences refer to ____.
cartels of ocean vessel operators operating between certain trade areas
28. Ocean carrier alliances provide two primary benefits to participating members, namely, the sharing of vessel space and ____.
the ability to offer shippers a broader service network
29. Integrated air carriers ____.
own all their vehicles as well as pick up and delivery facilities
30. Which of the following is not open for negotiation in a bilateral air agreement?
all of the above are open for negotiation
31. Which countries rank first, second, and third, respectively in terms of highway mileage?
United States, China, India
32. Which of the following statements is false?
China ranks first in the world in terms of highway mileage
33. Short-sea shipping is widely accepted and practiced in ____.
34. Which of the following statements about international inventory management is false?
inventory for sale in one nation generally serves the needs of markets in nearby nations
35. The Logistics Performance Index ____.
was created in recognition of the importance of logistics in international trade
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
REVISION CHAPTER 1: AN OVERVIEW OF LOGISTICS
REVISION CHAPTER 2: LOGISTICS AND INFORMATION TECH…
CHAPTER 5: THE SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT CONCEPT
REVISION CHAPTER 6: PROCUREMENT
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Logistics Chapter 14 Key Terms
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Ch 12, 13
CHAPTER 11: PACKAGING AND MATERIALS HANDLING
CHAPTER 10: WAREHOUSING MANAGEMENT
CHAPTER 9: DISTRIBUTION CENTER, WAREHOUSE, AND PLA…
OTHER QUIZLET SETS
CDL pretest 1
Social studies quarter 3
POLS THEORY Section 4: Background Lecture; Socrate…