5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- growth hormone
- a anterior pituitary
- b Produced by the thyroid gland and decreases the blood calcium levels by stimulating calcium deposit in the bones (__________ keeps the bone in). The antagonist of the parathyroid hormone.
- c (adj) rude; haughty
- d GH excess in adults leads to ______.
- e make less severe
5 Multiple choice questions
- maturation of sperm in the epididymis includes ________ cytoplasm and cell volumes
- causes decreased secretion of PTH plus resistance to PTH action at target organ ("functional" hypoparathyroidism")
- guilty; blameworthy
- stimulates adrenal cortex to secrete cortisol
- different; various
5 True/False questions
secondary spermatocytes (2N) → daughter cells of primary spermatocytes that have just completed their first meiotic division
6 → generation of primordial follicles is complete about __ months after birth
exalt → NO causes smooth muscle cells to do what?
caustic (adj) → punish; discipline; castigate
bequeath → (verb) to disagree, especially with the majority, or with an authority