5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- belie (verb)
- a to give an impression that is the opposite of the way things really are; to misrepresent
- b get in the way; hinder
- c inhibitory neurons in the arcuate nucleaus exert their effects via ______
- d unwilling or unable to believe
- e ___ junctions exist between granulosa cells and the oocyte
5 Multiple choice questions
- what is the half-life, in general, of steroid hormones?
- an unexpected outcome, or the use of a word that is the opposite of its literal meaning
- induct into; begin
- ____ requirements increase during pregnancy primarily because of the increased demand for producing blood cells
- What is the primary purpose of the respiratory system?
5 True/False questions
II → What are G proteins involved in enzyme activation called?
innate → (adj) having a quality that arise from within, rather than learned or acquired from the oustide; native; inborn
cumulus → granulosa cells that are shed with the oocyte at the time of ovulation. they cannot generate estrogens
Yawning → Deep inspiration through a widely opened mouth. The inspired air is usually held for a short period before sudden expiration.