5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- gas exchange
- cholecalciferol (vitamin D3)
- contingent (adj)
- a What is the primary purpose of the respiratory system?
- b Concerning Vitamin D synthesis: dietary _______ from dairy products can be metabolized into vitamin D
- c (adj) tending to avoid giving direct answers
- d dependent upon other circumstances; conditional
- e reduced pulmonary ventilation.
5 Multiple choice questions
- short and to the point; terse
- cortisol will increase the sensitivity of the liver, heart, and fat cells to ________
- GI Tract (Gastrointestinal Tract)
- means "little lake," small pockets situated between lamellae containing osteocytes of compact bone.
- insulin is synthesized as _____
5 True/False questions
inhibins, activins → _____ and _______ are gonadal peptides that play important roles in regulation of the anterior pituitary in both males and females
1 → the type of diabetes also known as insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus
transducin → sponge like apperance of the cancellous bone
2 → part of the cause of type ___ diabetes is down regulation of insulin receptors in target tissues
euphemism → a word or phrase that's used to make an unpleasant idea sound better