Business Operations Lead
Quizlet is looking for an experienced, highly motivated individual to lead and support key revenue and growth initiatives on the business operations team as we scale from the largest study platform in the US reaching over 30M monthly active learners and teachers to a global education brand serving 1 billion users around the world.
You will work directly with the VP of Operations and Business Development, and cross-functionally with other team leads, to manage revenue and growth initiatives that are crucial to Quizlet achieving its short and long-term strategic goals. You will be responsible for deeply understanding the product and business, owning and pushing forward project deliverables, and generating insights that inform product and business decisions across the company.
Come help us scale one of the fastest growing and highest quality consumer learning brands, as we develop innovative simple-to-use study tools that help students everywhere. Quizlet is a fun and unique company in a truly exciting phase of its growth.
Some examples of what you will be doing:
- Driving and managing key business initiatives from start to finish, including researching, proposing, and doing the hands-on execution work.
- Supporting and engaging with the rest of the team in related areas including the brainstorming, speccing, and overseeing productization of key business initiatives.
- As a generalist, you'll be focused on some of our more strategic initiatives. Some projects may be partner heavy and require building robust pipelines. Others may be data heavy and have you dust off your modeling skills.
- Identifying, executing, and communicating to the team pertinent business insights and analysis, related both to specific projects under your responsibility and to the larger business.
- Taking an entrepreneurial approach to the role, working collaboratively with other teams to get things done.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years experience in fast moving, high-quality organizations. Experience in consumer technology businesses a plus.
- Ability to deliver on a broad portfolio of responsibilities on your own, and ‘figure stuff out’ quickly and effectively.
- Great with both numbers and people. In addition to strong analytical skills and, you will be a highly effective communicator with good people instincts - able to build trust and work well with a diverse group inside and outside the company.
- Highly organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented, with great follow-through on projects big and small; while this is a hands-on role in a small company, you will also be a key member of the team building and scaling Quizlet’s business operations over the years ahead.
- Highly proficient in Excel, analytics software, and preferably SQL.
- High integrity individual who is enthusiastic about building a great company for the long term, and making a huge, positive impact in the world and on education.
Quizlet's Team Culture
We’re extremely proud of the powerful impact our study tools are having on people’s lives across the U.S. and the world. Our focus on quality, usability, and performance across all platforms has helped Quizlet grow organically to a top U.S. web brand with top education apps on iOS and Android. We regularly visit classrooms across the Bay Area to see Quizlet’s users in action. We believe in teamwork and communication, and we believe in each other — every member has the confidence and flexibility to take a stab at new problems across functions. We love technology and we love helping people. Come join us!