Senior Account Executive
Quizlet is looking for an experienced, highly motivated individual to lead the ads sales efforts for one of the most recognizable consumer brands in the United States (and soon globally) as we scale from the largest study platform in the US reaching over 30M monthly active learners and teachers to a global education brand serving 1 billion users around the world.
You will work directly with key business, product, engineering, and marketing leaders across the company on our ads sales strategy and vision and build the deals pipeline that takes our media business to the next level. You will be responsible for deeply understanding the product and business, and offering creative and strategic insights into how to unlock new growth opportunities in our advertising revenue channel.
Come help us scale one of the fastest growing and highest quality consumer learning brands, as we develop innovative simple-to-use study tools that help students everywhere. Quizlet is a fun and unique company in a truly exciting phase of its growth.
Some examples of what you will be doing:
- Develop, own and manage a pipeline of clients in verticals such as consumer goods, financial services, music, and entertainment.
- Consult, educate, strategize and successfully sell Quizlet advertising programs through a high volume of sales calls - strong communication and tenacity are key!
- Become an expert in Quizlet’s advertising solutions and adapt product recommendations quickly to suit prospect client needs.
- Generate new business utilizing outbound sales skills and techniques.
- Execute and deliver high-quality responses to all Avails & RFPs.
- Create innovative sales presentations, incorporating industry research and campaign performance data.
- Manage day-to-day account management activities for current clients.
- Drive and create a long-term vision for Quizlet’s advertising sales strategy.
Qualifications and Experience
- 4+ years experience selling digital advertising in fast-moving and high-quality organizations.
- Experience with direct deals within a programmatic platform, preferably with consumer brands, selling to digital native audiences.
- Ownership and initiative
- Develop own sales materials with help of marketing and design.
- Great with both numbers and people. In addition to strong analytical skills, you will be a highly effective communicator with good people instincts - able to build trust and work well with a diverse group inside and outside the company.
- Highly organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented, with great follow-through on projects big and small; while this is a hands-on role in a small company, you will also be a key member of the team building and scaling Quizlet’s business operations over the years ahead.
- Highly proficient in Excel, analytics software, and SQL always a plus.
- High integrity individual who is enthusiastic about building a great company for the long term, and making a huge, positive impact in the world and on education.
Quizlet's Team Culture
We’re extremely proud of the powerful impact our study tools are having on people’s lives across the U.S. and the world. Our focus on quality, usability, and performance across all platforms has helped Quizlet grow organically to a top U.S. web brand with top education apps on iOS and Android. We regularly visit classrooms across the Bay Area to see Quizlet’s users in action. We believe in teamwork and communication, and we believe in each other — every member has the confidence and flexibility to take a stab at new problems across functions. We love technology and we love helping people. Come join us!