Ad Operations Manager
Quizlet is looking for an experienced, highly motivated individual to manage ad serving operations for one of the most recognizable consumer brands in the United States (and soon globally), as we scale from the largest study platform in the US reaching over 30M monthly active learners and teachers, to a global education brand serving 1 billion learners around the world.
You will work directly with key business, product and engineering teams to build a robust ad ops machine at Quizlet. You will be responsible for fulfilling, optimizing, and delivering our digital advertising operations. This position will partner with sales and product teams on strategy while proactively increasing our expertise with ad tech and best practices.
Come help us scale one of the fastest growing and highest quality consumer learning brands, as we develop innovative, simple-to-use study tools that help students everywhere learn. Quizlet is a fun, unique company in a truly exciting phase of its growth.
Some examples of what you will be doing:
- Be a key part of the sales team in achieving revenue goals and consistent year-over-year growth by helping to strategize and optimize all digital advertising campaigns.
- Own and deliver programmatic revenue that is part of the sales plan and revenue targets.
- Implement and deliver campaigns in multiple ad serving environments across multiple formats: display, video and mobile. (including setup, fulfillment, tracking, and reporting).
- Resolve online advertising and fulfillment issues, customer complaints, and conflicts.
- Provide product leadership for all adtech used across our portfolio; work closely with development teams to assist with features requests and continual improvement in operations-based systems for process efficiency; and identify and resolve ad serving issues.
- Manage third-party digital vendor relationships and seek opportunities that will help maximize revenue opportunities for our portfolio; act as a technical contact for third-party vendors; onboard third-party adtech vendors, coordinate implementation with product team and test/validate the implementation. (Third-party adtech includes display, mobile, VAST, VPAID, html5, viewability and brand safety tools.)
- Contribute to the product development process by providing market and account insights.
- Identify upsell opportunities by understanding your client's’ goals and objectives.
Qualifications and Experience
- 4+ years experience managing ad ops in fast moving, high quality organizations.
- Very strong knowledge of digital advertising best practices, processes, and technologies, including knowledge in digital ad serving, display ad networks, video ads, mobile ads, IP targeting, and native advertising.
- Extensive knowledge of digital media systems and tools (ie. attribution, tagging, ad verification).
- Expertise with DFP and AdX, and working knowledge of adtech such as: Moat, DMPs, Operative.one, YieldEx, Omniture, Rubicon.
- Great with both numbers and people. In addition to strong analytical skills and, you will be a highly effective communicator with good people instincts - able to build trust and work well with a diverse group inside and outside the company.
- Highly organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented, with great follow-through on projects big and small; while this is a hands-on role in a small company, you will also be a key member of the team building and scaling Quizlet’s business operations over the years ahead.
- Highly proficient in Excel, analytics software, and SQL always a plus.
- High integrity individual who is enthusiastic about building a great company for the long term, and making a huge, positive impact in the world and on education.
Quizlet's Team Culture
We’re extremely proud of the powerful impact our study tools are having on people’s lives across the U.S. and the world. Our focus on quality, usability, and performance across all platforms has helped Quizlet grow organically to a top U.S. web brand with top education apps on iOS and Android. We regularly visit classrooms across the Bay Area to see Quizlet’s users in action. We believe in teamwork and communication, and we believe in each other — every member has the confidence and flexibility to take a stab at new problems across functions. We love technology and we love helping people. Come join us!