Director of People Operations
The Director of People Operations will be a key leader at Quizlet responsible for developing a world-class employee experience. He/she will have overall responsibility for directing the human resources, recruiting, diversity & inclusion, learning & development, and cultural initiatives and managing the HR and recruiting teams at Quizlet.
We believe our team is our competitive advantage and this role will aim to create innovative programs that enable our people to develop, grow, and succeed. The Director of People Operations will maintain a strategic perspective of the company but also be hands-on operationally. This role reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer and will partner closely with the leadership team to ensure successful alignment across the organization.
- Recruiting and talent acquisition - in partnership with hiring managers, continue to define and implement an approach on attracting, hiring and retaining top talent for Quizlet with a key focus on building a diverse and inclusive team that reflects the diverse, global users on Quizlet.
- HR operations - lead all people development activities including compensation planning, review cycles, etc. and ensure they are continuously aligned with Quizlet’s business and operational goals.
- Employee development and retention - help drive a high performing, high growth mindset that focuses on personal development and career growth -- in short make Quizlet the best place for employees to work.
- Cultural innovator - champion and grow Quizlet’s culture, helping the team continually live our values through effective programs and internal communications (between and among management and employees) to promote morale and achieve our goals.
- World-class process design skills - as we scale Quizlet from 70 employees in the Bay Area to hundreds globally, our Director of People Ops will lead the efforts to grow our processes while ensuring legal and regulatory compliance in all employment related aspects of the organization.
- Trusted advisor - diverse experience and excellent judgment to be the trusted advisor to the CEO and leadership team, holding all managers to a high-quality standard.
Qualifications and Experience
We're looking for someone who has...
- Experience in People Operations including human resources and recruiting.
- Worked with and seen greatness in scaling People Operations in technology and consumer Internet companies.
- Experience in developing diversity and inclusion programs, learning and development initiatives, succession planning and performance management.
- Experience developing and managing effective incentive compensation, benefits, and reward and recognition programs globally.
- Is excited to drive strategic directions, and then roll up his/her sleeves to dig into tactical execution.
- A track record of building strong, effective teams of people with complementary skills.
- A deep network in the industry to tap into expertise in compensation, benefits, and human resources policies and procedures.
- A hunger to learn, focused on continuous improvement, learning new skills, and thirsty for knowledge.
- B.A. or B.S. and additional evidence that you love learning.
Quizlet's Team Culture
We’re extremely proud of the powerful impact our study tools are having on people’s lives across the U.S. and around the world. Our focus on quality, usability, and performance across all platforms has helped Quizlet grow organically to a top U.S. web brand with top education apps on iOS and Android. We regularly visit classrooms across the Bay Area to see Quizlet’s users in action. We believe in teamwork and communication, and we believe in each other — every member has the confidence and flexibility to take a stab at new problems across functions. We love technology and we love helping people. Come join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at Quizlet. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.