Director of People Operations
Quizlet’s mission is to help students (and their teachers) practice and master whatever they are learning. Quizlet is the world’s largest teacher online community. Every month over 30 million active learners from 130 countries practice and master more than 200 million study sets on every conceivable topic and subject. We are developing new learning experiences by modeling how students learn and by drawing upon knowledge acquisition, retention, and tracing pedagogy in cognitive science. We are always seeking to help students master any subject by optimizing study efficiency and engagement.
The Director of People Operations will be a key leader at Quizlet responsible for developing a world-class employee experience. He/she will have overall responsibility for directing the human resources, recruiting, diversity & inclusion, learning & development, and cultural initiatives and managing the HR and recruiting teams at Quizlet.
We believe our team is our competitive advantage and this role will aim to create innovative programs that enable our people to develop, grow, and succeed. The Director of People Operations will maintain a strategic perspective of the company but also be hands-on operationally. This role reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer and will partner closely with the leadership team to ensure successful alignment across the organization.
Quizlet is a leading company in education technology with proven traction and huge growth ahead. Our business model is strong and got us to profitability before raising venture capital money. Come help us scale one of the fastest growing and highest quality consumer learning brands, as we develop innovative simple-to-use study tools that help students everywhere. Quizlet is a fun and unique company in a truly exciting phase of its growth.
- Recruiting and talent acquisition - in partnership with hiring managers, continue to define and implement an approach on attracting, hiring and retaining top talent for Quizlet with a key focus on building a diverse and inclusive team that reflects the diverse, global users on Quizlet.
- HR operations - lead all people development activities including compensation planning, review cycles, etc. and ensure they are continuously aligned with Quizlet’s business and operational goals.
- Employee development and retention - help drive a high performing, high growth mindset that focuses on personal development and career growth -- in short make Quizlet the best place for employees to work.
- Cultural innovator - champion and grow Quizlet’s culture, helping the team continually live our values through effective programs and internal communications (between and among management and employees) to promote morale and achieve our goals.
- World-class process design skills - as we scale Quizlet from 70 employees in the Bay Area to hundreds globally, our Director of People Ops will lead the efforts to grow our processes while ensuring legal and regulatory compliance in all employment related aspects of the organization.
- Trusted advisor - diverse experience and excellent judgment to be the trusted advisor to the CEO and leadership team, holding all managers to a high-quality standard.
We're looking for someone who has...
- Experience in People Operations including human resources and recruiting.
- Worked with and seen greatness in scaling People Operations in technology and consumer Internet companies.
- Experience in developing diversity and inclusion programs, learning and development initiatives, succession planning and performance management.
- Experience developing and managing effective incentive compensation, benefits, and reward and recognition programs globally.
- Is excited to drive strategic directions, and then roll up his/her sleeves to dig into tactical execution.
- A track record of building strong, effective teams of people with complementary skills.
- A deep network in the industry to tap into expertise in compensation, benefits, and human resources policies and procedures.
- A hunger to learn, focused on continuous improvement, learning new skills, and thirsty for knowledge.
- B.A. or B.S. and additional evidence that you love learning.
Quizlet's Team Culture
We are here to make education better and more accessible. We strive to improve the lives of students and teachers at every stage and in every setting. We have a bias for action, take initiative, and hustle to deliver results. We make informed decisions whenever possible but are unafraid to take calculated risks on great ideas to promote learning. We embrace challenges and see effort as the path to mastery. We’re constantly seeking opportunities to learn and we embrace curiosity. Quality matters at Quizlet, and we hold the bar high on everything we do. We sweat the details and take personal accountability and pride in anything that carries the Quizlet name. We speak up, jump in and work with each other to fix problems, and never say "that's not my job." We treat each other with honesty and respect, encourage vigorous debate, and seek critical feedback. We value diversity, humility, transparency, and collaboration as the best paths to our success — as individuals, as a team, and as a company.
Quizlet’s success as an online learning community depends on a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We are actively working to build a team that is representative of the diverse communities we serve, and an open, inclusive work environment where all employees can thrive. As an equal opportunity employer and a tech company committed to societal change, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Come join us!