Jobs at Quizlet
The world of education is changing, and a generation of students is turning to digital learning tools. Quizlet is building those tools… come join us!
- We're hiring
- Android Engineer
- Backend/API Engineer
- Business Development Manager
- Communications Lead
- Data Engineer
- Director of Finance
- Director of Product Design
- Infrastructure Engineer
- iOS Engineer
- Senior Product Analyst
- Senior Web Engineer
- Sr. Engineering Manager, iOS
- User Operations Associate
- Web Engineer
Director of Product Design
We're looking for a talented individual to lead the design efforts at Quizlet.
Quizlet is a leading brand in education with a huge user base and even bigger growth ahead. Our team is already supporting and deploying new products to over 20 million monthly active users — and it’s only the beginning. We tackle ambitious new projects that enable novel study experiences for hundreds of millions of students globally. We’re backed by Union Square Ventures, Costanoa Venture Capital, Altos Ventures and Owl Ventures. Our business model is strong and made us profitable long before raising venture capital money.
As the Director of Product Design at Quizlet, you will be responsible for helping craft a world-class user experience and overseeing the product design process and team. Despite our already huge reach, Quizlet is still in the early stages of its growth in terms of our product and users. Millions of students will use Quizlet for the first time this coming fall — your job will be to make that experience as simple, user-friendly and elegant as possible.
At Quizlet, you will be responsible for every step of the design process - mapping user flows, creating mockups and designing high-fidelity UIs across our website and apps. You rely on your extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish Quizlet’s broader product and design goal. You should be great at collaborating with engineers and product managers, and mentoring and growing designers on the team. You want to take on big challenges, are passionate about creating the best possible user experience and thrive in a small startup environment.
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal team member should have:
- 7+ years of design experience at a consumer software company or startup
- Experience leading and managing a team of designers
- Ability to communicate your ideas through sketches and wireframes
- Strong interaction design, visual design, and prototyping skills
- Portfolio of work that demonstrates experience designing from ideation through to pixel perfect solutions on multiple devices across web and mobile
- Ability to communicate your ideas through sketches and take wireframes to pixel-perfect designs in Sketch or Photoshop
- Experience working closely with engineering teams
- Basic knowledge of CSS, HTML and mobile technology preferred
- Excitement about working on a highly collaborative team
Quizlet’s Team Culture
We’re extremely proud of the powerful impact our study tools are having on people’s lives across the U.S. and the world. Our focus on quality, usability, and performance across all platforms has helped Quizlet grow organically to a top U.S. web brand with top-ten education apps on iOS and Android. We regularly visit classrooms across the Bay Area to see Quizlet’s users in action. We believe in teamwork and communication, and we believe in each other — every member has the confidence and flexibility to take a stab at new problems across functions. We love technology and we love helping people. Come join us!