The Path Forward Return to Work program at Quizlet is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At Quizlet, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
Path Forward: Business Development Manager
Quizlet’s mission is to help students (and their teachers) practice and master whatever they are learning. Quizlet is the world’s largest teacher online community. Every month over 30 million active learners from 130 countries practice and master more than 200 million study sets on every conceivable topic and subject. We are developing new learning experiences by modeling how students learn and by drawing upon knowledge acquisition, retention, and tracing pedagogy in cognitive science. We are always seeking to help students master any subject by optimizing study efficiency and engagement.
As a member of the Business Development team, you will develop strategies and build partnerships that drive usage, revenue and growth for Quizlet.
Quizlet is a leading company in education technology with proven traction and huge growth ahead. Our business model is strong and got us to profitability before raising venture capital money. Come help us scale one of the fastest growing and highest quality consumer learning brands, as we develop innovative simple-to-use study tools that help students everywhere. Quizlet is a fun and unique company in a truly exciting phase of its growth.
- Build and manage a holistic partnership pipeline; owning everything from identifying and sourcing new partners to the pitching and negotiation process
- Establish deep relationships and manage the day-to-day operations of these partnerships to ensure long term success for both partners and Quizlet
- Identify and implement strategies and best practices to ensure partners are getting maximum value out of their partnerships with Quizlet
- Build compelling case studies through quantitative and qualitative analysis to demonstrate Quizlet’s value proposition for both existing and new partners
- Take an entrepreneurial approach to the role, working collaboratively with other teams to support key initiatives and get things done
- 5+ years post-college work experience in Business Development, Customer Success or Sales
- Ability to deliver on a broad portfolio of responsibilities on your own, and ‘figure stuff out’ quickly and effectively
- Great with both numbers and people. In addition to strong analytical skills, you will be a highly effective communicator with good people instincts - able to build trust and work well with a diverse group inside and outside the company
- Highly organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented, with great follow-through on projects big and small
- High integrity individual who is enthusiastic about building a great company for the long term, and making a huge, positive impact in the world and on education
- Proficient in Microsoft Office or Cloud Computing Software (i.e. Excel or Google docs/sheets)
Quizlet's Team Culture
We are here to make education better and more accessible. We strive to improve the lives of students and teachers at every stage and in every setting. We have a bias for action, take initiative, and hustle to deliver results. We make informed decisions whenever possible but are unafraid to take calculated risks on great ideas to promote learning. We embrace challenges and see effort as the path to mastery. We’re constantly seeking opportunities to learn and we embrace curiosity. Quality matters at Quizlet, and we hold the bar high on everything we do. We sweat the details and take personal accountability and pride in anything that carries the Quizlet name. We speak up, jump in and work with each other to fix problems, and never say "that's not my job." We treat each other with honesty and respect, encourage vigorous debate, and seek critical feedback. We value diversity, humility, transparency, and collaboration as the best paths to our success — as individuals, as a team, and as a company.
Quizlet’s success as an online learning community depends on a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We are actively working to build a team that is representative of the diverse communities we serve, and an open, inclusive work environment where all employees can thrive. As an equal opportunity employer and a tech company committed to societal change, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Come join us!