The Path Forward Return to Work program at Quizlet is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At Quizlet, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
Path Forward: IT Specialist
Quizlet’s mission is to help students (and their teachers) practice and master whatever they are learning. Quizlet is the world’s largest teacher online community. Every month over 30 million active learners from 130 countries practice and master more than 200 million study sets on every conceivable topic and subject. We are developing new learning experiences by modeling how students learn and by drawing upon knowledge acquisition, retention, and tracing pedagogy in cognitive science. We are always seeking to help students master any subject by optimizing study efficiency and engagement.
As an IT Specialist, your time will be split primarily across laptop support & set-up, networking, IT projects, and automation. You will be Quizlet’s 2nd IT teammate and part of Quizlet’s larger Platform Engineering team, a talented group of engineers that build development platforms and scale our infrastructure.
Quizlet is a leading company in education technology with proven traction and huge growth ahead. Our business model is strong and got us to profitability before raising venture capital money. Come help us scale one of the fastest growing and highest quality consumer learning brands, as we develop innovative simple-to-use study tools that help students everywhere. Quizlet is a fun and unique company in a truly exciting phase of its growth.
- Support users of various machines (primarily Mac laptops with some Linux and Windows) across multiple geographies with email, phone, messaging
- Make employee/contractor on-boarding seamless and automated
- Manage our IT inventory and ensure it is functional, accounted for, and set up securely: laptops, mobile devices, monitors, AV systems and more.
- Prioritize, lead and manage multiple projects, including: WiFi and networking updates, video conferencing, adoption of endpoint management and single-sign-on systems, DNS, and others
- Create and maintain thorough documentation for all aspects of Quizlet IT
- Be the primary point of contact for the network: WiFi APs, security devices, LAN, WAN, VPN & other networking systems
- Optimize spend to meet budget targets: search for and recommend alternative services & products that are cost effective
- Streamline internal systems and tools to make it easier for Quizlet team members to do their work
- Build for scale and automation as the company grows in size
- 3+ years of experience supporting a multi-office company
- Eagerness to tune, tweak, automate and improve everything related to our laptop and IT infrastructure
- Significant experience supporting an environment with 75+ Mac laptop users and some experience with Windows
- Experience automating laptop setup
- Comfortable scripting with Bash and Ruby
- Experience with endpoint management systems (like JAMF or others)
- Experience administering WiFi networking systems (like Ubiquity, Meraki or others)
- Experience administering corporate VPN
- Experience improving endpoint security
- Experience with audio/visual conferencing systems
- Experience with vendor relationships - competitive evaluations, price negotiations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Open, humble and candid approach to communication
- Experience supporting international offices
- Experience with DNS, directory, and SSO
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline
Quizlet's Team Culture
We are here to make education better and more accessible. We strive to improve the lives of students and teachers at every stage and in every setting. We have a bias for action, take initiative, and hustle to deliver results. We make informed decisions whenever possible but are unafraid to take calculated risks on great ideas to promote learning. We embrace challenges and see effort as the path to mastery. We’re constantly seeking opportunities to learn and we embrace curiosity. Quality matters at Quizlet, and we hold the bar high on everything we do. We sweat the details and take personal accountability and pride in anything that carries the Quizlet name. We speak up, jump in and work with each other to fix problems, and never say "that's not my job." We treat each other with honesty and respect, encourage vigorous debate, and seek critical feedback. We value diversity, humility, transparency, and collaboration as the best paths to our success — as individuals, as a team, and as a company.
Quizlet’s success as an online learning community depends on a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We are actively working to build a team that is representative of the diverse communities we serve, and an open, inclusive work environment where all employees can thrive. As an equal opportunity employer and a tech company committed to societal change, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Come join us!