Want to build useful and intuitive Android apps for one of the top education brands in the world?
Quizlet is a pioneer in education technology with tens of millions of active users and HUGE growth ahead. We’re seeking talented and experienced developers who want to build learning tools that empower students and teachers globally. We’re backed by Union Square Ventures, Costanoa Venture Capital, Altos Ventures and Owl Ventures. Our business model is strong and got us to profitability before raising venture capital money. Come join a small team of engineers building and deploying new products to over a million users per day.
Quizlet’s Android app is already in the top ten education apps in the Google Play store and has been consistently averaging a 4.7+ star rating over the past year. Android is our fastest growing platform with a huge opportunity in the international markets.
You must be excited by tackling the unique challenges of handling and presenting user generated content on a large scale. In addition, you should be able to apply knowledge of how users interact with Quizlet to build intuitive features that will be delightful to use and directly increase Quizlet’s impact on education.
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal Android team member for Quizlet should:
- Be deeply excited about the impact your work will have on the lives of students and teachers every day.
- Enjoy collaborating with an experienced team to innovate in both product and engineering decisions
- Have a solid foundation in Java/CS fundamentals and experience with Kotlin
- Highly value engineering discipline in unit tests, integration tests and code review
- Be interested in contributing to the Android community with open source projects, blog posts and/or speaking at conferences/meetups.
- Have experience using popular libraries for Android development in the networking, database, and UI layers.
- Be familiar with reactive programming and/or RxJava.
- Have proven experience building high-quality apps, ideally published on Google Play.
Quizlet’s Team Culture
We’re extremely proud of the powerful impact our study tools are having on people’s lives across the U.S. and the world. Our focus on quality, usability, and performance across all platforms has helped Quizlet grow organically to a top U.S. web brand with top education apps on iOS and Android. We regularly visit classrooms across the Bay Area to see Quizlet’s users in action. We believe in teamwork and communication, and we believe in each other — every member has the confidence and flexibility to take a stab at new problems across functions. We love technology and we love helping people. Come join us!