Senior Technical Recruiter
We’re looking for a talented teammate to join our in-house Recruiting Team. Together, we will grow our small company of 60 employees to 120+ this year, and beyond. Come join an awesome company with a mission-driven, fun and inclusive culture.
Quizlet is a leading brand in education with a huge user base and even bigger growth ahead. Our team is already supporting and deploying new products to over 1 million users a day — and it’s only the beginning. We tackle ambitious new projects that enable novel study experiences for hundreds of millions of students globally. We’re backed by Union Square Ventures, Costanoa Venture Capital, Altos Ventures and Owl Ventures. Our business model is strong and made us profitable long before raising venture capital money.
You will be Quizlet's third full cycle recruiter with the entire company supporting you as we endeavor to massively accelerate our growth. In addition to your talent sourcing and recruiting efforts, you will serve as a valuable member of Quizlet’s high performance recruiting engine, making sure that candidates have a uniquely positive experience from the first introduction to onboarding. The recruiting organization you help us build will be the gold standard that other companies look to emulate. You will care about the impact our product is having, and feel genuinely motivated to achieve that impact by growing our team.
Some examples of what you will do:
- Partner with hiring managers to understand position requirements and target candidates for open positions.
- Identify and source top talent through multiple avenues: LinkedIn, Entelo, networking, job postings, university relations, recruiting events, etc.
- Greet candidates and help facilitate the onsite and remote interview process, ensuring a high touch experience.
- Manage candidates through our high touch interview process along with hiring managers, including reference checks, salary recommendations, offer letter generation, and offer acceptance/declines.
- Help coordinate and manage job fairs, tech talks, and other recruiting events.
- Evangelize our company, product vision, technology, and why people should work for Quizlet.
- Work closely with all team members to create and improve recruiting programs and develop innovative strategies for finding the best talent.
- Attend networking events, meetups, and college career fairs to find candidates who have a passion for EdTech as well as those who are a great match for our core values.
Qualifications and Experience
- You care deeply about the candidate experience as we attempt to find and hire the very best people for our team.
- You have a passion for EdTech and/or doing good in the world — you’re excited about the impact your work could have on the lives of students and teachers.
- 4+ years of full cycle recruiting experience in fast-paced technical recruiting environments at startups/companies with high hiring bars.
- You are a creative, driven and productive multi-tasker who can think quickly on their feet.
- Experience with recruiting and sourcing applications (ideally Greenhouse, LinkedIn, Entelo).
- Demonstrated ability to serve as critical recruiting touchpoint for all levels of our organization with exposure to hiring from entry-level to senior management positions.
Quizlet’s Team Culture
We’re extremely proud of the powerful impact our study tools are having on people’s lives across the U.S. and the world. Our focus on quality, usability, and performance across all platforms has helped Quizlet grow organically to a top U.S. web brand with top education apps on iOS and Android. We regularly visit classrooms across the Bay Area to see Quizlet’s users in action. We believe in teamwork and communication, and we believe in each other — every member has the confidence and flexibility to take a stab at new problems across functions. We love technology and we love helping people. Come join us!