Support Operations Manager
Quizlet’s mission is to help students (and their teachers) practice and master whatever they are learning. Every month over 50 million active learners from 130 countries practice and master more than 300 million study sets on every conceivable topic and subject. We are developing new learning experiences by modeling how students learn and by drawing upon knowledge acquisition, retention, and tracing pedagogy in cognitive science.
Quizlet is a leading company in education technology with proven traction and huge growth ahead. Come help us scale one of the fastest growing and highest quality consumer learning brands as we develop innovative simple-to-use study tools that help students everywhere.
The Quizlet User Ops team helps students and teachers use our products successfully and works to encourage a user-centered culture at Quizlet. We support a global user base of students and teachers who rely on Quizlet to power their learning.
We are seeking a Support Operations Manager to drive the success of our direct support channels and content moderation queues. You will be a key leader on the User Operations team, responsible for ensuring that day-to-day operations run smoothly and that we achieve our operational goals. You will lead our outsourced agent team, currently six people based in the U.S., working with the outsource vendor’s leadership and partnering with other User Ops team members in San Francisco to drive a high level of performance in the queues and compatibility of workflows across the team.
You will bring a data-driven approach to support operations while also employing strong soft skills to inspire and guide the team. Your passion for developing efficient and scalable support solutions will be on display in your work, and you will obtain a deep understanding of the Quizlet product to help guide your decision-making and strategies.
In the first half of 2019, we plan to switch to Zendesk (from Desk) as our CRM. You will play a key role in implementing Zendesk, building a scalable foundation for our direct support channels.
Beyond the CRM transition, you can expect to assume responsibility for the following:
- Day-to-day support operations leadership, providing direction, coaching, and training as needed for support and content moderation (current support channels include email and social)
- Workforce management, staffing and prioritizing appropriately to meet SLA and other KPI targets
- Quality assurance programs in partnership with our Agent team vendor
- Lead our Tier 1 / Tier 2 remote agents and manage vendor relationship
- Serve as the point of escalation for support cases and content moderation questions
- Report on health and performance metrics for support operations
- Build training and onboarding programs for new Agents and other future support operations hires
- 5+ years in user support roles, 2+ years in leadership roles
- Experience with Zendesk administration and reporting
- Experience with vendor management
- Experience with people management
- Experience with support quality assurance programs
- Experience with content moderation
- Experience working for consumer technology businesses
- Demonstrated passion for user support and/or education
*Occasional travel to vendor locations may be required.
Quizlet’s Team Culture
We are here to make education better and more accessible. We strive to improve the lives of students and teachers at every stage and in every setting. We have a bias for action, take initiative, and hustle to deliver results. We make informed decisions whenever possible but are unafraid to take calculated risks on great ideas to promote learning. We embrace challenges and see effort as the path to mastery. We’re constantly seeking opportunities to learn and we embrace curiosity. Quality matters at Quizlet, and we hold the bar high on everything we do. We sweat the details and take personal accountability and pride in anything that carries the Quizlet name. We speak up, jump in and work with each other to fix problems, and never say "that's not my job." We treat each other with honesty and respect, encourage vigorous debate, and seek critical feedback. We value diversity, humility, transparency, and collaboration as the best paths to our success — as individuals, as a team, and as a company.
Quizlet’s success as an online learning community depends on a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We are actively working to build a team that is representative of the diverse communities we serve, and an open, inclusive work environment where all employees can thrive. As an equal opportunity employer and a tech company committed to societal change, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Come join us!