Senior Engineering Manager, Growth - Denver, CO
Quizlet’s mission is to help students (and their teachers) practice and master whatever they are learning. Every month more than 50 million active learners from 130 countries practice and master more than 300 million study sets on every conceivable topic and subject. We are developing new learning experiences by modeling how students learn and by drawing upon knowledge acquisition, retention, and pedagogy in cognitive science. We are always seeking to help students master any subject by optimizing study efficiency and engagement.
The Growth team is building a world-class, intentional first-week experience of Quizlet for tourists and newly active users. We would like to make our native apps more engaging so learners use and spread Quizlet sets more frequently. The team's mission is to double our monthly active uses to 100 million active learners in the next year. This will require design thinking and an opportunity to brainstorm strategic direction to achieve our growth goals.
Quizlet is a leading company in consumer learning technology with proven traction and huge growth ahead. Our business model is robust with two strong revenue streams — advertisements and paid subscriptions. Our ads business allows us to offer amazing study tools to millions of students around the globe for free. Our premium subscriptions give students and teachers the ability to create custom content and access learning analytics tools. Come help us scale one of the fastest growing and highest quality consumer learning brands, as we develop innovative simple-to-use study tools that help students everywhere.
- We're looking for an engineering leader to build and lead our Growth team in Denver. With all our success in the existing Growth team in San Francisco, we are building the second team in Denver to reach out to the next user base internationally. With growing user traffic and established platform, you will be in a position to make our metrics soar by building a high performing team and expanding our platform for future deals.
- Be a leader - Strongly represent Quizlet values and empower your team to execute successfully
- Hire the right team - Recruit and hire engineers that will add new skills and experience to Quizlet
- Mentor & coach - Define and execute development plans for every engineer to gain new experiences and take on challenges of increasing impact
- Define strategy - Use metric driven techniques to develop a roadmap with an experienced Product Manager
- Technical execution - Work alongside your team to execute on projects using your experience to make the right technical decision
- 6+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- 3+ years of experience leading an engineering team with direct reports
- Experience building consumer-facing applications
- Experience hiring engineers
- Experience in delivering applications on the web and the mobile platform
- Experience building secure Platform with APIs serving web and mobile applications
Quizlet's Team Culture
We are here to make education better and more accessible. We strive to improve the lives of students and teachers at every stage and in every setting. We have a bias for action, take initiative, and hustle to deliver results. We make informed decisions whenever possible but are unafraid to take calculated risks on great ideas to promote learning. We embrace challenges and see the effort as the path to mastery. We’re constantly seeking opportunities to learn and we embrace curiosity. Quality matters at Quizlet, and we hold the bar high on everything we do. We sweat the details and take personal accountability and pride in anything that carries the Quizlet name. We speak up, jump in and work with each other to fix problems, and never say "that's not my job." We treat each other with honesty and respect, encourage vigorous debate, and seek critical feedback. We value diversity, humility, transparency, and collaboration as the best paths to our success — as individuals, as a team, and as a company.
Quizlet’s success as an online learning community depends on a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We are actively working to build a team that is representative of the diverse communities we serve, and an open, inclusive work environment where all employees can thrive. As an equal opportunity employer and a tech company committed to societal change, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Come join us!