Help Center Content Strategist
Quizlet’s mission is to help students (and their teachers) practice and master whatever they are learning. Every month over 50 million active learners from 130 countries practice and master more than 300 million study sets on every conceivable topic and subject. We are developing new learning experiences by modeling how students learn and by drawing upon knowledge acquisition, retention, and tracing pedagogy in cognitive science.
The Quizlet User Operations team helps students and teachers use our products successfully and works to encourage a user-centered culture at Quizlet. We support a global user base of students and teachers who rely on Quizlet to power their learning.
Quizlet is a leading company in education technology with proven traction and huge growth ahead. Come help us scale one of the fastest growing and highest quality consumer learning brands as we develop innovative simple-to-use study tools that help students everywhere.
- As the Help Center Content Strategist, you will run our user-facing Help Center. You will write, edit, and update Help Center content and optimize the self-service experiences that allow users to quickly and easily find answers to the questions they have about using Quizlet.
- You will approach self-service with a data-driven and user-centered mindset, continuously seeking opportunities to promote and improve self-service. You will collaborate with User Ops colleagues to leverage insights from the Help Center and address user pain points.
- In the first half of 2019, we are transitioning our Help Center platform from Desk to Zendesk. The Self-Service Manager will join this project to help complete the implementation and take full ownership of future iteration and development of self-service experiences.
- We have a Help Center today, but we see significant opportunity for improving and evolving our approach to self-service as Quizlet continues to grow. We are seeking someone who is motivated and capable of playing a leadership role as they create and manage the content that will power outstanding self-service experiences.
As the Help Center Content Strategist you wills:
- Create, edit, and manage Help Center content that clearly and efficiently answers users’ questions
- Partner with colleagues in User Operations to identify opportunities for reducing Support contacts
- Define and maintain Help Center content style and voice
- Prioritize and manage requests for updates to Help Center content
- Define metrics and KPIs for a successful Help Center
- Identify and act on opportunities to improve the self-service experience
- Partner with our Localization team to ensure we’re delivering a high-quality Help Center experience across all locales
- Utilize Zendesk functionality to optimize layout and display of Help Center content
- Manage all self-service related initiatives
- Work with Marketing on keyword opportunities and SEO strategy
- Identify and plan for future resources required to scale (hiring, tools, etc.)
- 4+ years of experience in content-related work
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Experience developing and managing help content
- Knowledge of how to define, track, and report on content metrics
- Proven ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally
- Passion for learning about web traffic and SEO
- Experience working with Zendesk
- Experience leading or managing individuals or teams
Quizlet’s Team Culture
We are here to make education better and more accessible. We strive to improve the lives of students and teachers at every stage and in every setting. We have a bias for action, take initiative, and hustle to deliver results. We make informed decisions whenever possible but are unafraid to take calculated risks on great ideas to promote learning. We embrace challenges and see effort as the path to mastery. We’re constantly seeking opportunities to learn and we embrace curiosity. Quality matters at Quizlet, and we hold the bar high on everything we do. We sweat the details and take personal accountability and pride in anything that carries the Quizlet name. We speak up, jump in and work with each other to fix problems, and never say "that's not my job." We treat each other with honesty and respect, encourage vigorous debate, and seek critical feedback. We value diversity, humility, transparency, and collaboration as the best paths to our success — as individuals, as a team, and as a company.
Quizlet’s success as an online learning community depends on a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We are actively working to build a team that is representative of the diverse communities we serve, and an open, inclusive work environment where all employees can thrive. As an equal opportunity employer and a tech company committed to societal change, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Come join us!