Jobs at Quizlet
The world of education is changing, and a generation of students is turning to digital learning tools. Quizlet is building those tools… come join us!
We’re looking for a talented teammate to join our People Operations team. Quizlet will grow our company of 58 employees to 85+ in the next year, and beyond. Come join an awesome company with a mission driven, fun and inclusive culture.
Quizlet is a leading brand in education with a huge user base and even bigger growth ahead. Our team is already supporting and deploying new products to over 1 million users a day — and it’s only the beginning. We tackle ambitious new projects that enable novel study experiences for hundreds of millions of students globally. We’re backed by Union Square Ventures, Costanoa Venture Capital, Altos Ventures and Owl Ventures. Our business model is strong and made us profitable long before raising venture capital money.
You will be the fifth member of the People Operations Team which is comprised of Recruiting & HR Operations. In this role, you will provide expert administrative support to our Executive Team, serve as first point of contact for greeting guests, coordinating candidate experience activities and helping to manage office operations. In addition, you will make sure that candidates have a uniquely positive experience from first phone screen through to their final onsite as well as helping facilitate company events that we host or participate in. You will care about EdTech and the impact we have on students and teachers everywhere as we grow our team.
Some examples of what you’ll do:
- Managing the door: greeting guests, candidates, delivery people, receiving mail
- Administrative support for our Executive Team (incl. but not limited to heavy calendaring, travel logistics, special team projects, etc.)
- Scheduling company all team meetings and events
- Coordinating our candidate experience (inc. scheduling phone screens, onsite interviews, team hiring meetings, etc.)
- Facilitate the onsite and remote interview process, ensuring a high touch experience
- Greeting candidates and giving them a tour of the office
- Help the People OPs team coordinate job fairs, tech talks and other recruiting events.
- Booking accommodations and travel for candidates and our team (when necessary)
- Help managing office comfort -- building requests (clean up, heat, etc.)
- General office coordination (help manage office supplies, clean up, set up for events, etc.)
- Swag management: t-shirts, stickers, backpacks, water bottles (incl. Mailing swag to users, managing swag for recruiting activities)
- Help organize student group office visits
- Evangelize our company, product vision, technology, and why people should work for Quizlet.
Qualifications and Experience
- You care deeply about the candidate experience as we attempt to find and hire the very best people for our team.
- You have a passion for EdTech and/or doing good in the world — you’re excited about the impact your work could have in the lives of students and teachers every single day.
- Prior experience as an Administrative Assistant or Coordinator in a technical or non-technical environment at startups and companies is preferred.
- You are a creative, driven and productive multi-tasker who can think quickly on their feet.
- Ability to handle heavy scheduling within Google Calendar required; familiarity with Slack is preferred.
- Experience with applicant tracking systems (ideally Greenhouse) a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as critical touchpoint for all levels of our organization with exposure to the entire company (from entry-level to executive positions) preferred.
Quizlet’s Team Culture
We’re very proud of the powerful impact our study tools are having on people’s lives across the U.S. and the world. Our focus on quality, usability, and performance across all platforms has helped Quizlet grow organically to a top U.S. web brand with top-ten education apps on iOS and Android. We regularly visit classrooms across the Bay Area to see Quizlet’s users in action. We believe in teamwork and communication, and we believe in each other — every member has the confidence and flexibility to take a stab at new problems across functions. We love technology, helping people and have a great sense of humor. Come join us!