Senior Product Analyst
Quizlet drives product development priorities and decision-making through data. Our culture demands timely insights and accurate data about how tens of millions of learners and teachers are using Quizlet in a global context across mobile and web platforms.
Quizlet’s data team includes
- Analysts passionate about inquiry, exploration and understanding;
- Data scientists who drive development of data-driven product features like search, classification, and recommendations;
- and Data Engineers that scale our data systems up to handle trillions of events.
We're looking for a quantitative Senior Product Analyst to drive inquiry and informed product decisions. Someone who is passionate about analytics and wants help shape the future of analytics team at Quizlet. You will join a successful company with a fast-growing user base already in the tens of millions and help us bring our vision for data and insights to reality. You are scrappy, focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive the understanding, growth, and success of a product.
You'll drive the maturity and excellence of our quantitative analysis, working with product managers, designers, engineers and data scientists to help ensure accuracy and clarity. You'll serve in a pivotal role, identifying important lines of inquiry on your own as well as driving inquiry on behalf of leaders at the company. In this role you’ll have visibility and impact across the company.
- Consult with product & engineering teams to design, run and analyze the most useful experiments and ensure data resulting from product launches will be useful and usable
- Drive data integrity, help engineering prioritize updates to the data pipeline and tooling
- Explore data to find actionable insights and make product recommendations through funnels, cohort analyses, long-term trends, user segmentation, regression models, and more.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to help the team see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with our core/business products.
- Monitor key performance metrics, and understand root causes of change.
- Help product & engineering teams choose the most important top-level metrics for their mission and goals, and through your exceptional analytical skills help them gain deeper insights into user / product interaction
- Help drive and promote the overall data-driven culture at Quizlet
Qualifications and Experience
- Demonstrated persistence in getting to the root of unexpected or unexplained changes in product metrics
- Demonstrated experience synthesizing business and product priorities, product and monetization features, opportunities and constraints into a cohesive set of key metrics and roadmap for improving data systems
- High degree of demonstrated initiative and ownership
- Fluency in SQL, as well as a deep understanding of statistical analysis, experiment design, and common pitfalls of data analysis
- Some development experience in at least one scripting language (PHP, Python, Perl, R, etc.)
- Strong communicator: You effectively synthesize, visualize, and communicate your ideas to others
- You can quickly establish credibility with teams and effectively lead through influence
- Degree in Math, Physics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or other quantitative fields
- 2+ years of experience doing quantitative analysis, reporting and analytical problem solving for a consumer technology company
Quizlet's Team Culture
We’re extremely proud of the powerful impact our study tools are having on people’s lives across the U.S. and the world. Our focus on quality, usability, and performance across all platforms has helped Quizlet grow organically to a top U.S. web brand with top-ten education apps on iOS and Android. We regularly visit classrooms across the Bay Area to see Quizlet’s users in action. We believe in teamwork and communication, and we believe in each other — every member has the confidence and flexibility to take a stab at new problems across functions. We love technology and we love helping people. Come join us!