As Quizlet’s first IT Specialist, your time will be split primarily across laptop support & set-up, networking, IT projects, and automation. You will be part of Quizlet’s Platform Engineering team, a talented group of engineers that build development platforms and scale our infrastructure.
- Support users of various machines (primarily Mac laptops with some Linux and Windows) across multiple geographies with email, phone, messaging
- Make employee/contractor on-boarding seamless and automated
- Manage our IT inventory and ensure it is functional, accounted for, and set up securely: laptops, mobile devices, monitors, AV systems and more.
- Prioritize, lead and manage multiple projects, including: WiFi and networking updates, video conferencing, adoption of endpoint management and single-sign-on systems, DNS, and others
- Create and maintain thorough documentation for all aspects of Quizlet IT
- Be the primary point of contact for the network: WiFi APs, security devices, LAN, WAN, VPN & other networking systems
- Optimize spend to meet budget targets: search for and recommend alternative services & products that are cost effective
- Streamline internal systems and tools to make it easier for Quizlet team members to do their work
- Build for scale and automation as the company grows in size
Qualifications and Experience
- 3+ years of experience supporting a multi-office company
- Eagerness to tune, tweak, automate and improve everything related to our laptop and IT infrastructure
- Significant experience supporting an environment with 75+ Mac laptop users and some experience with Windows
- Experience automating laptop setup
- Comfortable scripting with Bash and Ruby
- Experience with endpoint management systems (like JAMF or others)
- Experience administering WiFi networking systems (like Ubiquity, Meraki or others)
- Experience administering corporate VPN
- Experience improving endpoint security
- Experience with audio/visual conferencing systems
- Experience with vendor relationships - competitive evaluations, price negotiations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Open, humble and candid approach to communication
Bonus Points For...
- Experience supporting international offices
- Experience with DNS, directory, and SSO
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline
Quizlet’s Team Culture
We’re extremely proud of the powerful impact our study tools are having on people’s lives across the U.S. and the world. Quality, usability, and performance across all platforms is our main focus. This has helped Quizlet grow organically to a top U.S. web brand with top-ten education apps on iOS and Android. We regularly visit classrooms across the Bay Area to see Quizlet’s users in action. We believe in teamwork and communication, and we believe in each other — every member has the confidence and flexibility to take a stab at new problems across functions. We love technology and we love helping people. Come join us!