Web Engineer, Monetization
Quizlet’s mission is to help students (and their teachers) practice and master whatever they’re learning. We provide engaging and customizable activities with content contributions from people everywhere (over 200 million study sets and counting). We have fanatical users, significant organic growth, and a strong business model that got us to profitability before we raised venture capital money.
As a Web Engineer focusing on Monetization, you will ship features that will grow Quizlet's revenue. You'll work on all three pillars of our monetization strategy: subscription products, premium content, and advertising. As part of your work, you'll get hands-on experience making decisions based on data, integrating payment systems and advertising solutions, as well as building foundational systems that will drive revenue growth.
- Build features and ship experiments using React/Redux
- Collaborate with Backend Engineers to design and implement APIs
- Work with Product Designers to iterate on the design and implementation of our product
- Participate in design, code, and architecture reviews
- Observe user testing to understand and improve usability
- Investigate new technologies that may be of use to the team
- Building a Verified Content program allowing publishers to create official study materials on Quizlet
- Developing a promotions engine that works on multiple platforms and across multiple channels (in-app, emails, notifications)
- Experimenting with a rewards program to positively influence study behavior
- Building new power-user features (activities and organizational tools) to add to our premium subscription offerings
- Sharing our best practices through technical blog posts, meet-ups, and conferences
Qualifications and Experience
- 2+ years of experience building rich, interactive web applications
- Passion for understanding user behavior and building beautiful user experiences
- Experience working on large-scale consumer websites, with attention to scalability and performance concerns
- Experience working with server-side MVC web frameworks and REST APIs
- Excitement about the impact your work could have on the lives of students and teachers every day
- Experience running and analyzing A/B tests
- Experience working with payment systems and advertising solutions
Quizlet’s Team Culture
We’re extremely proud of the powerful impact our study tools are having on people’s lives across the U.S. and the world. Our focus on quality, usability, and performance across all platforms has helped Quizlet grow organically to a top U.S. web brand with top education apps on iOS and Android. We regularly visit classrooms across the Bay Area to see Quizlet’s users in action. We believe in teamwork and communication, and we believe in each other — every member has the confidence and flexibility to take a stab at new problems across functions. We love technology and we love helping people. Come join us!