Full Stack Engineer, Monetization
Quizlet’s mission is to help students (and their teachers) practice and master whatever they are learning. Every month over 30 million active learners from 130 countries practice and master more than 200 million study sets on every conceivable topic and subject. We are developing new learning experiences by modeling how students learn and by drawing upon knowledge acquisition, retention, and tracing pedagogy in cognitive science. We are always seeking to help students master any subject by optimizing study efficiency and engagement.
As a Full Stack Engineer focusing on Monetization, you will ship features that will grow Quizlet's revenue. You'll work on all three pillars of our monetization strategy: subscription products, premium content, and advertising. As part of your work, you'll get hands-on experience making decisions based on data, integrating payment systems and advertising solutions, as well as building foundational systems that will drive revenue growth.
Quizlet is a leading company in education technology with proven traction and huge growth ahead. Our business model is strong and got us to profitability before raising venture capital money. Come help us scale one of the fastest growing and highest quality consumer learning brands, as we develop innovative simple-to-use study tools that help students everywhere. Quizlet is a fun and unique company in a truly exciting phase of its growth.
- Build features and ship experiments using React/Redux
- Collaborate with Backend Engineers to design and implement APIs
- Work with Product Designers to iterate on the design and implementation of our product
- Participate in design, code, and architecture reviews
- Observe user testing to understand and improve usability
- Investigate new technologies that may be of use to the team
- Building a Verified Content program allowing publishers to create official study materials on Quizlet
- Developing a promotions engine that works on multiple platforms and across multiple channels (in-app, emails, notifications)
- Experimenting with a rewards program to positively influence study behavior
- Building new power-user features (activities and organizational tools) to add to our premium subscription offerings
- Sharing our best practices through technical blog posts, meet-ups, and conferences
- 2+ years of experience building rich, interactive web applications
- Passion for understanding user behavior and building beautiful user experiences
- Experience working on large-scale consumer websites, with attention to scalability and performance concerns
- Experience working with server-side MVC web frameworks and REST APIs
- Excitement about the impact your work could have on the lives of students and teachers every day
- Experience running and analyzing A/B tests
- Experience working with payment systems and advertising solutions
Quizlet’s Team Culture
We are here to make education better and more accessible. We strive to improve the lives of students and teachers at every stage and in every setting. We have a bias for action, take initiative, and hustle to deliver results. We make informed decisions whenever possible but are unafraid to take calculated risks on great ideas to promote learning. We embrace challenges and see effort as the path to mastery. We’re constantly seeking opportunities to learn and we embrace curiosity. Quality matters at Quizlet, and we hold the bar high on everything we do. We sweat the details and take personal accountability and pride in anything that carries the Quizlet name. We speak up, jump in and work with each other to fix problems, and never say "that's not my job." We treat each other with honesty and respect, encourage vigorous debate, and seek critical feedback. We value diversity, humility, transparency, and collaboration as the best paths to our success — as individuals, as a team, and as a company.
Quizlet’s success as an online learning community depends on a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We are actively working to build a team that is representative of the diverse communities we serve, and an open, inclusive work environment where all employees can thrive. As an equal opportunity employer and a tech company committed to societal change, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Come join us!