Country Manager - UK
Quizlet is looking for an experienced and highly motivated individual to lead all in-market growth initiatives in the UK as we scale from the leading study platform in the U.S. to a global education brand serving a billion learners.
You will be based in the UK, though working cross-functionally and closely with team leads at our home office in San Francisco. You’ll be the primary driver and point person for strategic growth efforts in your market, both collaborating to draft our go-to-market plans and leading their execution. You will be a key leader in our international efforts, identifying, initiating and driving key marketing and business development opportunities, and working to make Quizlet succeed in your market. You will be responsible for deeply understanding the product and business, owning and pushing forward project deliverables, and generating insights that inform international growth strategies across the company.
Come help us scale one of the fastest growing and highest impact learning platforms in the world, as we develop innovative simple-to-use study tools that help students everywhere learn. Quizlet is a fun and outstanding company in a truly exciting phase of its growth.
Some examples of what you’ll be doing:
- Driving and managing key growth initiatives from start to finish, including researching opportunities, proposing actions, and doing the hands-on execution work.
- Identifying and building key relationships with partners and organizations (publishers, NGOs, schools, government, media, Google, telcos, etc.) that can drive awareness and growth for Quizlet.
- Supporting and engaging with team leads in the San Francisco office on any marketing, product, or engineering work that relates to your market.
- Working with the San Francisco team and in-market resources as needed to drive effective paid acquisition, community engagement, and press efforts.
- Acting as an in-market expert, identifying and communicating to the team pertinent business insights and analysis, related both to your market and to Quizlet’s larger international efforts.
- Taking an entrepreneurial approach to the role, working collaboratively with other teams to get things done.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years experience in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environments.
- Experience in consumer technology businesses a plus; experience in the education technology industry also a plus.
- Ability to deliver on a broad portfolio of responsibilities on your own, and ‘figure stuff out’ quickly and effectively.
- Great with both numbers and people. In addition to having strong analytical skillsf, you will be a highly effective communicator with good people instincts — able to build trust and work well with a diverse group inside and outside the company.
- Highly organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented, with great follow-through on projects big and small.
- Highly proficient in Excel, analytics software, and preferably SQL.
- High-integrity individual who is enthusiastic about building a great company for the long term, and making a huge, positive impact in the world and on education.
Quizlet’s Team Culture
We’re extremely proud of the powerful impact our study tools are having on people’s lives across the U.S. and the world. Our focus on quality, usability, and performance across all platforms has helped Quizlet grow organically to a top U.S. web brand with top education apps on iOS and Android. We regularly visit classrooms across the Bay Area to see Quizlet’s users in action. We believe in teamwork and communication, and we believe in each other — every member has the confidence and flexibility to take a stab at new problems across functions. We love technology and we love helping people. Come join us!