Senior Product Designer
Quizlet’s mission is to help students (and their teachers) practice and master whatever they’re learning. We are the largest study platform in the US, reaching over 30M monthly active learners and teachers - and it’s only the beginning. We have passionate users, significant organic growth, and a strong business model that got us to profitability before raising venture capital money.
As a Senior Product Designer at Quizlet, you will be responsible for helping craft a world-class user experience. Despite our already huge reach, Quizlet is still in the early stages of its growth in terms of our product and users. Millions of students will use Quizlet for the first time this coming fall — your job will be to make that experience as simple, user-friendly and elegant as possible.
You will be involved in every step of design, including research, ideation, mapping user flows, creating mockups and designing high-fidelity UIs across our website and apps. You will be an influential leader on our small, talented design team, helping to shape the future of design at Quizlet.
Where you can make an impact:
- Own large design initiatives from beginning to end.
- Partner with product management and engineering leads to build the very best user experiences.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our millions of users.
- Design flows and experiences that are simple and elegant.
- Constantly push yourself and the team to raise the design bar at Quizlet through a culture of feedback and open communication.
- Evangelize user-centered design throughout the company.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years of design experience at a consumer software company or startup.
- Strong UX, UI, IxD, visual design and prototyping skills.
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision (not just “How it should look” but “What we should build.”)
- Experience building and shipping web and mobile product.
- Experience working closely with engineering teams.
- Excitement about working in an environment of fast feedback loops and a mindset of rapid prototyping and iteration.
Bonus Points For...
- Experience with front-end programming.
- Passion for information design and data visualization.
- Ability to create beautiful illustrations.
Quizlet's Team Culture
We’re extremely proud of the powerful impact our study tools are having on people’s lives across the U.S. and the world. Our focus on quality, usability, and performance across all platforms has helped Quizlet grow organically to a top U.S. web brand with top education apps on iOS and Android. We regularly visit classrooms across the Bay Area to see Quizlet’s users in action. We believe in teamwork and communication, and we believe in each other — every member has the confidence and flexibility to take a stab at new problems across functions. We love technology and we love helping people. Come join us!