Quizlet’s mission is to help students (and their teachers) practice and master whatever they are learning. Every month over 30 million active learners from 130 countries practice and master more than 200 million study sets on every conceivable topic and subject. We are developing new learning experiences by modeling how students learn and by drawing upon knowledge acquisition, retention, and tracing pedagogy in cognitive science. We are always seeking to help students master any subject by optimizing study efficiency and engagement.
Quizlet is a leading company in education technology with proven traction and huge growth ahead. Our business model is strong and got us to profitability before raising venture capital money. Come help us scale one of the fastest growing and highest quality consumer learning brands, as we develop innovative simple-to-use study tools that help students everywhere. Quizlet is a fun and unique company in a truly exciting phase of its growth.
As a Product Designer at Quizlet, you will be responsible for helping craft a world-class user experience. Despite our already huge reach, Quizlet is still in the early stages of its growth in terms of our product and users. Millions of students will use Quizlet for the first time this coming fall — your job will be to make that experience as simple, user-friendly and elegant as possible.
You will be involved in every step of design, including research, ideation, mapping user flows, creating mockups and designing high-fidelity UIs across our website and apps. You will be an influential leader on our small, talented design team, helping to shape the future of design at Quizlet.
Where you can make an impact:
- Own large design initiatives from beginning to end.
- Partner with product management and engineering leads to build the very best user experiences.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our millions of users.
- Design flows and experiences that are simple and elegant.
- Constantly push yourself and the team to raise the design bar at Quizlet through a culture of feedback and open communication.
- Evangelize user-centered design throughout the company.
- 5+ years of product design experience at a consumer software company or startup.
- Strong UX, UI, IxD, visual design and prototyping skills.
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision (not just “How it should look” but “What we should build.”)
- Experience building and shipping web and mobile product.
- Experience working closely with engineering teams.
- Excitement about working in an environment of fast feedback loops and a mindset of rapid prototyping and iteration.
- Experience with front-end programming.
- Passion for information design and data visualization.
- Ability to create beautiful illustrations.
Quizlet's Team Culture
We are here to make education better and more accessible. We strive to improve the lives of students and teachers at every stage and in every setting. We have a bias for action, take initiative, and hustle to deliver results. We make informed decisions whenever possible but are unafraid to take calculated risks on great ideas to promote learning. We embrace challenges and see effort as the path to mastery. We’re constantly seeking opportunities to learn and we embrace curiosity. Quality matters at Quizlet, and we hold the bar high on everything we do. We sweat the details and take personal accountability and pride in anything that carries the Quizlet name. We speak up, jump in and work with each other to fix problems, and never say "that's not my job." We treat each other with honesty and respect, encourage vigorous debate, and seek critical feedback. We value diversity, humility, transparency, and collaboration as the best paths to our success — as individuals, as a team, and as a company.
Quizlet’s success as an online learning community depends on a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We are actively working to build a team that is representative of the diverse communities we serve, and an open, inclusive work environment where all employees can thrive. As an equal opportunity employer and a tech company committed to societal change, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Come join us!