Jobs at Quizlet
The world of education is changing, and a generation of students is turning to digital learning tools. Quizlet is building those tools… come join us!
Business Operations Manager
Be a core team member at a small, rapidly growing startup that’s having a huge impact in the world, with a broad role that will push your skills and abilities across multiple company functions. Quizlet is a top digital brand in the U.S. with 30M unique web visitors/month (top 75 U.S. site on Quantcast and top 5 education apps in iTunes and Google Play) - and we’re just getting started. We’re currently a team of seventeen and looking to scale to fifty by next fall, tackling ambitious projects that grow the product and business. It’s the perfect time to join a company with incredible product traction and a proven business model in a key phase of growth, and get the professional experience of a lifetime in the process.
You’ll work directly with the leadership team, supporting the scaling of the business across multiple functions - including operations, sales, marketing, FP&A, and HR. You’ll be responsible for deeply understanding the product and business, and pushing for operational strength and excellence.
Some examples of what you'll be doing:
- Supporting and driving core operational functions including forecasting and planning, revenue operations, sales, marketing, and key vendor relationships.
- Supporting and engaging with the rest of the team in related areas including revenue optimization, cost management, infrastructure development, and operational data analytics.
- Building out lightweight, transparent systems that scale and fit our needs and culture.
- Researching and implementing projects on a range of business fronts for Quizlet, from deciding which international markets to target for expansion, when and why, to what growth tactics to deploy to increase subscriptions and active user growth.
- Producing data-driven insights into Quizlet’s subscription and ads business, and making actionable recommendations on revenue optimization.
- Taking an entrepreneurial approach to the role, working collaboratively with the CEO, General Manager, and engineering and product teams to get things done.
Qualifications and Experience
- 3+ years financial, consulting, or related operational experience in fast moving, high-quality organizations. Experience with consumer technology businesses is a plus.
- Ability to deliver on a broad portfolio of responsibilities on your own, and ‘figure stuff out’ quickly and effectively.
- Great with numbers, project management and people. In addition to strong analytical skills, you’ll be a highly effective communicator with good people instincts - able to build trust and work well with a diverse group inside and outside the company.
- Eager for a very hands-on role, where you’ll be asked to take on and run with a range of projects outside your comfort zone, and learn quickly.
- Highly organized, self-motivated and detail-oriented, with great follow-through on projects/tasks big and small.
- High integrity individual who’s enthusiastic about building a great company for the long term, and making a huge, positive impact in the world and on education.
Quizlet’s Team Culture
We’re extremely proud of the powerful impact our study tools are having on people’s lives across the U.S. and the world. Quality, usability, and performance across all platforms is our main focus. This has helped Quizlet grow organically to a top 100 U.S. web brand with top-five education apps on iOS and Android. We regularly visit classrooms across the Bay Area to see Quizlet’s users in action. We believe in teamwork and communication, and we believe in each other — every member has the confidence and flexibility to take a stab at new problems across functions. We love technology and we love helping people. Come join us!
How to Apply
Please send your resume to email@example.com, if you’re interested in joining our team.