Study sets, textbooks, questions
Upgrade to remove ads
Arts and Humanities
NCO 2020 board questions
Terms in this set (31)
What is the Leader Development Process?
A process that aligns training, education and experience to prepare leaders who exercise mission command to prevail in unified land operations.
What are the roles and responsibilities of an NCO?
To lead, train and care for Soldiers and equipment while enforcing standards.
What are Leader development fundamental for?
The readiness of our Army.
What is Leader development?
The deliberate, continuous, and progressive process founded in the Army Values that grows Soldiers and Army Civilians into competent, committed professional leaders of character
How is Leader development achieved?
The career long syntheses of the training, education, and experiences acquired through opportunities in the institutional, operational, and self-development domains supported by peers and developmental relationships.
What does NCOPDS stand for?
NCO Professional Development System
What does NCOPDS represent?
A transparent and grounded approach to managing future changes in the way the Army Trains and Develops Soldiers.
What is the vision of NCO 2020 strategy?
A cohort of competent and competitive NCO's of character as trusted Army Professionals who thrive in chaos, adapt, and win in a complex world. A professionally, trained, and prepare the NCO Corps is central to the Army's ability to remain ready as the world's premier combat force
What is the desired ends of the new NCOPDS?
providing challenging, relevant and rigorous leader development training, education and experiences; articulating learning responsibilities and requirements across the three learning domains and integrating them into a synchronized, effective and efficient development system; improving professional development models and learning curriculums so that Soldiers and leaders can assess leader development progress, track learning events, create goals and certify professionals; supporting the identification and development of NCOs to serve at operational and strategic levels; Army.
How many levels will the new NCOPDS adhere to?
The seven leader development imperatives that will guide policy and actions in order to develop NCOs with the required qualities and enduring leader characteristics
What are the seven leader development imperatives?
1. Commitment to the Army Profession, lifelong learning, and development
2. Balance the Army's commitment to the training, education, and experience components of leader development.
3. Manage talent to benefit both the institution and the individual.
4. Select and develop leaders with positive leader attributes and proficiency in core leadership competencies for responsibility at higher levels.
5. Prepare adaptive and creative NCOs capable of operating within the complexity of the operational environment and the entire range of military operations.
6. Embed Mission Command principles in leader development.
7. Value a broad range of leader experiences and developmental opportunities
What are the three fundamental changes made to the NCOPDS?
Development, Talent Management, and Stewardship of the Profession
What is Development?
NCOs develop as leaders over time through deliberate progressive and sequential processes incorporating training, education, and experience across the three learning domains throughout the Soldier Lifecycle.
What is Talent Management?
The purposeful expansion of an NCO's core MOS proficiency and leadership provided through developmental positions, opportunities, and assignments both within and outside of their Career Management Field (CMF).
What is Stewardship of the Profession?
Strengthen the NCO Corps by emphasizing the role of the NCO in building and sustaining trust; constantly improving military expertise; setting an example of honorable service; fostering a climate rich in esprit de corps; and serving as stewards of the Army profession
What is LOE 1
What is LOE 2?
What is LOE 3?
Stewardship of the Profession
For LOE 1, what are the 4 major objective of 1.1: Select, Train, Educate, and Promote (S.T.E.P.)?
1. Career Management Model
2. Deferment Policy
3. Promotions Policy
4. Scheduling Priorities
For LOE 1, what are the 10 major objective 1.2: NCO Professional Military Education?
1. Integrated into Army University
2. Establish Level V PME (Master Leader Course)
3. Incorporate NCO General Learning Outcomes (GLOs)
4. Develop common NCO learning content
5. Include nominative CSM/SGM PME
6. Curriculum rigor and relevance
7. Structured Self Development (SSD)
8. Instructor screening, selection, development, and recognition
9. Optimize use of the One Army School System (OASS)
10. Joint Professional Military Education
For LOE 1, what are the 3 major objective 1.3: Credentialing?
1. Identify and validate credentials
2. Resource examinations
3. Facilitate credentialing process
For LOE 1, what are the 4 major objective 1.4: Validate, Record, and Track?
1. Digital Job Book
2. Army Career Tracker (ACT)
3. Skills Qualification Test (SQT)
For LOE 2, what are the 4 major objective 2.1: Broadening assignments and opportunities?
1. Strategic broadening opportunities
3. Training with Industry
4. Institutional Army assignments
For LOE 2, what are the 3 major objective 2.2: Operational assignments?
1. Broad range of assignments
2. Duty positions
3. Unit NCOPD
For LOE 2, what are the 7 major objective 2.3: Professional Development Model?
1. Coherent progressive and sequential career map common to all NCOs
2. CMF specific overlays
3. Key Professional Development Positions for SGM (7T/8T)
4. § Reorg CMD/SGM/SMMO Talent Management Branch
5. CSM/SGM Timelines and Professional Development Models
6. DA Pam 600-25 update
7. Update Army Career Tracker
For LOE 3, what are the major objective 3.1: Doctrine?
1. NCO Creed
2. NCO Guide/NCO Corner
3. FM 6-22 4. ADP-1/ADRP-1 The Army Profession
4. Soldier Manual STPs
5. Update Publications
For LOE 3, what are the 3 major objective 3.2: Self Development?
1. Professional Reading/Writing
2. Expert Action Badge
3. Competitive Boards
For LOE 3, what are the 2 major objective 3.3: 2020 Year of the NCO?
1. Year of the NCO Timeline
2. Year of the NCO STRATCOM
For LOE 3, what are the 3 major objective 3.4: Character Development?
1. NCO Solarium
2. Not In My Squad (NIMS)
3. Character Development
What does each LOE stand for?
1. LOE 1, Development
2. LOE 2, Talent Management
3. LOE 3, Stewardship and Profession
Who are the Authors of NCO 2020
CSM Davenport, General Perkins
Sets found in the same folder
TC 3 - 25.26 & FM 3 - 25.26 Land Navigation
FM 21-10 Field Sanitation
Sets with similar terms
NCO Vision 2020
NCO Vision 2020
Leadership - Chap 15 - Dubrin
Leadership 1 & 2 Study Guide
Other Quizlet sets
Module 9 - Cloud Architecture [Knowledge Check]
Basics Test #1
CS2340 EXAM 1