5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- If an image is too yellow, what color adjustment should be made in Photoshop to correct it?
- What is gamut?
- Name 2 ways you can decrease depth of field
- Can you save layers in a JPEG file format?
- Sharpness from near to far is controlled by what?
- a No
- b 1) Use a longer lens; 2) Move closer to the subject
- c Aperture
- d The entire range of colors that can be seen, reproduced, or captured. Our eyes have a greater gamut than a print or monitor.
- e Add blue
5 Multiple choice questions
- dynamic range (not to be confused with gamut)
- Total number of pixels
- A mathematical translator assigned to each piece of equipment you use (they map one gamut to another; and the ICC (or International Color Consortium) profile is usually shipped by the equipment manufacturer).
- It should match the focal length. Too wide and it's inefficient; too narrow and it will vignette; most likely the vignette would occur with wide angle of 28mm and below.
- Blown highlights
5 True/False questions
What are quad- and hex- tone printing? → Inkjet black & white printing where color cartridges are replaced with shades of gray, resulting in smooth tones and slight color cast
Panning does what? → Decreases the exposure for areas of the print that the photographer wishes to be lighter
A histogram shows what in an image? → The difference between light and dark.
A 1:1 lighting ratio produces what lighting result? → Flat lighting
Resolution refers to what? → 1) Magnification, or the size of the subject; 2) Angle of view