5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- If you're working with an automatic camera and you set the shutter speed and the camera sets the aperture, what mode are you working in?
- What is a BYTE?
- When buying a lens hood, you should get it in what size relative to the lens?
- To minimize facial wrinkles, this type of lighting is best
- What angle should a polarizing filter be to the sun for best results?
- a 90 degrees. If using to eliminate reflections, it should be used at 35 degrees.
- b Shutter-priority
- c An 8-BIT sequence that represents 256 possibilities - black & white & 254 shades of grey. The size of a file is the number of bytes it contains.
- d It should match the focal length. Too wide and it's inefficient; too narrow and it will vignette; most likely the vignette would occur with wide angle of 28mm and below.
- e Diffused front lighting
5 Multiple choice questions
- Flattens out the volume of the subject and minimizes textures
- A new layer
- The smallest unit of information consisting of either a 1 or a zero. It can only represent two possibilities - either yes or no, black or white.
- four times more
- Levels adjustment
5 True/False questions
Name 2 ways you can decrease depth of field → 1) Use a longer lens; 2) Move closer to the subject
If you're working with an automatic camera and you set the aperture and the camera sets the shutter speed, what mode are you working in? → Shutter-Priority
What are IPTC fields used for? → Metadata fields that hold info on photographer, subject, and usage.
In a curves adjustment layer, what does the shape of the curve indicate? → Yellow
How much resolution do you need for: Internet? Newspaper? Photographic print? Glossy magazine? → Internet = 72 ppi; Photographic print = 240-300 ppi; Gloss magazine = 400 ppi